Highlighted

Targeted Leads that do not Match

Community Regular
Best Answer

I am a writer/editor for academic publications.  I edit non-fiction works that are academic in topic and by authours.  I am constantly receiving targeted leads for personal non-fiction manuscripts.  Is there a way to stop this or get refunds for work that I do not do.  

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: re: Targeted Leads that do not Match

Best Answer

@smishra I'd make sure to go over the service details in your profile: HERE. If those all appear to be accurate let us know how you'd like to see these options differently listed in your service details or targeting preferences and we'll be sure to document your feedback. You can do that here or by contacting our support teams. In terms of refunds be sure to go through the Payments page and request a refund. From there be sure to explain that those jobs are not within your scope of work.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thank you, Kameron, for your prompt response.  It is appreciated.

I did contact Thumbtack via the Refund Payment system provided online.  Each time I was told that I was not eligible for a refund.

The category fo non-fiction is very general.  Anyone can click it not understanding the difference between the generes.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hi Kameron,

I am continuing to have the problem of being matched/targetted for leads that do not fit my profile.  Again, yesterday, I was matched with a client looking to have her book on mothering edited.  This is not academic work.  I specifically edit academic work.  I did ask for a refund and clearly stated my case.  Again, I was denied a refund.  Can you please tell me how to get a refund and how to stop being matched for work I do not do.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@smishra we want to make sure we're connecting you with the right leads and refunding you for leads that aren't matches. Please contact our customer support team at 800-948-2034 so they can look into this and get it resolved.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Another example of insufficient 'granularity.

Categories/Sub-categories are WAY too broad.

0 Likes