Highlighted

There should be cutoff for nighttime responses.

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Last night I had a lead come in at 12:31am.  I went to sleep around 11:30pm.

So when I responded to the lead this morning, my response time is recorded as 8 hours.  

There needs to be some sort of mechanism where 10pm - 7am is a dead zone and the time that elapses shouldn't count towards a Pros response time.  If a job comes in at 12:31am and I respond at 8:00am, the response time should be recorded as 1 hour, not 8 hours.  Maybe set the minimum at 1 hour so if I were to respond at 7:15am, I'm not getting credited as 15 minutes.  That might not be fair to a Pro who does respond at 12:46am.

I don't think job posters who are posting at 12:31am are expecting responses from Pros at that time of night.

Occupations (1)
replies

Re: There should be cutoff for nighttime responses.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@StoriesUpSTL you're right, I don't think customers would expect a response in that time of the evening either. A pros response rate is already only calculated from the hours of 8am-8pm local time. You can see that in the Help Center article Here's a guide to responding to customers.

Highlighted

Re: There should be cutoff for nighttime responses.

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@Meckell, well on the Pros end, if the response time on a lead says "8 hours", maybe it should say "8 hours*" or something to note that this data is not considered in the calculation of the Pros response time. I had no reason to read the guide to responding to customers. That part of the system was always pretty intuitive.
0 Likes