Highlighted
Best Answer

Thumbtack Background Credit Inquiry ??

Community Regular
Best Answer

Does the Thumbtack background check run your credit? Does a hard inquiry show up on any of your credit reports?

I’m fine with a background check being conducted, but I do not need, nor want any unnecessary credit inquiries. I will be applying for a loan in the future and do not need any inquiries on my credit reports. It looks bad to potential lenders.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

States
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Thumbtack Background Credit Inquiry ??

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Jmh happy to clarify! The background check does not run your credit. Since the background check is completed through Checkr, I'd recommend going to their website here if you have any further questions regarding this. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer
By law it only can do a credit scan with your explicit consent. I suggest you get a copy of the terms before consenting as that would need to be spelled out there. If they are unwilling to give detailed terms of what is being checked I recommend staying clear.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Jmh happy to clarify! The background check does not run your credit. Since the background check is completed through Checkr, I'd recommend going to their website here if you have any further questions regarding this. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thank you. Do you work for Thumbtack?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Yes @Jmh, I do! Feel free to reach out with any questions regarding Thumbtack or your account. I'm always happy to help!

0 Likes