Highlighted

Thumbtack Facebook Ad

Community Expert
Best Answer

This morning was the first time in about 4 weeks since I saw my pic on a Thumbtack Facebook Ad. I decided to click on the "book now" button, and to my surprise I find pics/videos from 2 years ago showing up first. Why is that when I've posted recent pics/videos from the past few months? Shouldn't recent pics/videos be shown first as it shows my recent jobs that I've performed?

Is there a reason why older pics/videos are showing first when a Thumbtack Facebook Ad "book now" button is clicked? If a "customer" sees 2 year old pics/videos, they may bypass me thinking that I haven't done any work in recent years.

DJ Stevie 2-7-2020

replies
Highlighted

Re: Thumbtack Facebook Ad

Community Expert
Best Answer

@DJStevie So one good reason this could be is that the adds and photos and reviews show up based on relevance and/or filters. Since it's a Facebook ad, then there’s a probability of this being based on previous searches and things like that. Which means they’ll show up differently for everyone.

That said I can understand the concern in older media showing up and not being as relevant as it could be in regards to your business. I'll make sure to document this example and share your feedback and desire for our teams to attempt to see if there's any improvements that can be made here. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Kameron 

Thanks for passing along the feedback, but do you think that attempts will be done to improve it?

Also, I don't understand what filters you are talking about? The Thumbtack Facebook Ad says "book now", and when clicked, it takes me to pics/videos from 2 years ago. There is no filter saying otherwise. Just trying to understand.

DJ Stevie 2-10-2020

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@DJStevie it's hard to say because a lot of how it works depends on Facebook and their set systems. More of what I meant, is that it's likely based on previous search and click activity. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Sorry Kameron, but that response makes NO sense.

FB doesn't BUILD an ad, it only PRESENTS what is delivered to THEM.

So TT is delivering the FIRST (oldest) in the que instead of the LAST (newest).

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@PhoenixPhotog happy to try and clarify things further. The pros shown to the customer won't be in any certain order and more shown based on relevance. If you'd like you can read our previous post about these Facebook ads for further context here: We want to show you off.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Kameron 

I called and emailed Support. They told me that there was nothing that could be done, and that I needed to go into my profile and edit my photos manually. I don't have time to spend on Thumbtack or any other platform for any length of time. I have a business to operate, ads(local and on-line) to update, visit venues to promote my business, and don't have extra time in a day to  edit my profile, except for what I add or change, and also answer any leads from platforms, google, etc that may come in.

DJ Stevie 3-8-2020

0 Likes