Highlighted

Re: Thumbtack is Very Unfair

Community Veteran
Best Answer
@Lar
Regarding your quote "If you want to be in the game you have to have 'Promote' switched on and be willing to automatically pay Thumbtack upfront for every lead they send you."
I am not sure that even keeps you in the game. I do all of that and follow the advice and I am still not in the game. Just look at my stats. Because we are locked into the system at least to start there is no game if the lead doesn't answer back.
I can't tell you how tired I am getting of the unwillingness to just tell us that things will be fixed. My patience is running very thin.
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@MR, do you still have Promote on? Yesterday you were #1, today you're #4, did you change anything?

https://www.thumbtack.com/k/divorce-lawyers/near-me/?browse_view=1&zip_code=60010&is_zip_code_change...

Cheers,
Lar.

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Lar 

I just turned promote off for all ofmy categories.

If TT fixes these issues I will very happily be the first to turn promote back on (or whatever the new system turns out to be) but for now I just can't spend money on a 100% losing proposition. (16 promote leads in last 4 weeks, 3740 list views, 386 profile views, $180 spent, ZERO lead responses, ZERO converts when I follow the advice by responding early and often and have been told by TT that my profile is very good. Ranked 1-3 always.)

It's a lesson I learned long ago when I was first learning the value of money - don't waste it.  - why should I stop listening to that lesson now??? Although it was not a lot in the grand scheme of things, I can honestly say that for me, TT has taken my money and provided zero return. That is not a good place for the customer to be.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Really?  That's not the case for me.

When searching for headshot photographer 98119 area code, I am ranked #11 on the 2nd page.

They talk so much about the customer experience and the pro's experience.

#10 should rank # 1 with 40 verified reviews for 2019 -2018 NOT A TOP PRO

#2  should rank #2 with 35 verified reviews for 2019 - 2018 (127 total reviews) TOP PRO

#9  should rank #3 with 34 verified reviews for 2019 - 2018 NOT A TOP PRO

#6 should rank # 4 with 23 verified reviews for 2019 - 2018 NOT A TOP PRO

#11 should rank # 5 with 22 verified reviews for 2019 - 2018

Instead,

#1 has 7 verified reviews for 2019 - 2018 . TOP PRO

#3 has ZERO verified reviews for 2019 - 2018????????????? NOT A TOP PRO

#4 has zero verified reviews for 2019 and 18 verified reviews for 2018 TOP PRO

# 5 has 9 verified reviews for 2019 & 2018 TOP PRO

#8 has zero verified reviews for 2019 and 4 verified reviews for 2018. NOT A TOP PRO

The pros with 4.9 / 4.5 plus the most VERIFIED hires should rank higher than "PROS"

with 10 VERIFIED reviews.

Common Sense.TT Headshot 98119 Rankings April 2019.jpg

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I TOTALLY agree, VERY unfair!  In my Nutritionists category the results are GROSSLY mixed in the most unfair way.  I target Remote leads, so that's all I care about (phone or Internet filter used when searching in any zip code).  For example, there is a nutritionist labeled as 'New on Thumbtack' with literally ZERO profile credentials (no hires, reviews, rating, etc, etc) who is listed as THE FIFTH RESULT ON THE FIRST PAGE, and I have 13 reviews, with half of them verified, a 5.0 rating, 26 hires, a totally complete profile, and my average response time is FIVE MINUTES (average is 4 hours 8 minutes), but I'm listed about the third from the bottom on the last page.  Total JOKE!

In the past three weeks, I have LITERALLY seen my ranking drop as my profile statistics have improved (I received three more verified reviews during this time period, plus about three more new hires).   I can't even get one customer contact since I dropped down so low.  And YES, my Promote is turned on when I am testing the search results, and my budget is also set to unlimited.  TOTALLY unfair and a waste of my time.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I get it.  I was told that there are 7 things that determine ranking and it's always changing...

Why?  Why is it always changing?

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@rachelalvesphot where pros rank will always be changing because the things that affect ranking can change within your account and your competitions. Things like response time rating, reviews, preferences, and availability are all subject to change on any given day and will have an effect on where one pro may show up vs another. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@FrankkieR I went to take a look into your account to see if there were any recommendations I could give, however, I noticed that you currently are not promoting. Did you pause promoting just recently?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

My promoting is on for headshots and portraits.

It's not on for commercial photography. 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Yes, I only turn my Promote on in the later evening and early morning hours since that's the time when I am able to respond the quickest (I'm at the computer answering client emails and doing other related work).  Within a couple of minutes after I turn my promote on, I am listed in the results, but of course not where I should be.