Highlighted

Video: Paying for Leads on Thumbtack

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

Though the price of each lead on Thumbtack varies, how you pay for those leads is the same from job to job – you only pay for new leads, or new customers who have already checked out your profile and want to talk. Let’s dive into more on what and when you pay Thumbtack.

replies

Re: Video: Paying for Leads on Thumbtack

Community Expert
Best Answer

@TaylorS 

I don't know about any other Pros, but I never receive a message from a Job Poster. Is this something new?

As for charges, being discussed now in another thread is having us see lead cost ahead of time before being charged. Right now, we feel that we are in the dark until we get a so called "lead." Perhaps that name should be changed, as a lead should be an interested "customer", not someone who is click happy.

And in this video, she mentioned our credit cards being charged once per week. Is this true? (At one time, we were being charged once per week.) Or is Thumbtack still charging for every $50 usage as it has been for months now?

DJ Stevie 5-29-2019

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DJStevie receiving a message from a customer definitely isn't new. When a customer reaches out or responds to your quote, it will be in the Thumbtack messenger. Charges can vary depending on your payment history. You'll either be charged weekly on Sunday's or for each lead separately. This article here has more info on that! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Meckell 

Back in January I posted a thread about credit card charges. You chimed in and said charges will be made for $50+ usage or once per week, whatever came first, true? Now you tell me it depends on payment history. Please clarify.

Thank you

DJ Stevie 5-29-2019

Screenshot_2019-05-29 Credit Card charges.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@DJStevie Currently, we charge your card weekly - every Sunday evening. If you end up spending more than $50 before the end of the week, we’ll charge your card at that point as well. If you’ve spent a total of $1000 or more in your time with Thumbtack, then you’ll be charged weekly as opposed to each lead separately. I think this Help Center article will help clarify: Charges.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I am only going to buy something when it is simple & I know "how much" it costs, can decide "if" I want to buy it, and know when & how I have to "pay" for it. Other than that I will pass 100% of the time.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I've spent well over $1,000 with Thumbtack, but my credit card is still charged multiple times a week instead of once weekly. Please advise.

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Exactly.

Problem is in paying for a communication that may be nothing more than a clarification of was needed as a result of Thumbtacks weak/poor method of getting project clarity.

Prospects don't often know exactly what they want or need without a service provider's interaction. I could help a prospect better understand their options and true needs only to have them reframe what they thought they were looking for and end up wanting something I don't do.

I've just contributed to a better user experince for Thumbtack's customer and I get to pay for that?!? Are you kidding me?

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

i should not be charged for leads and then don't get the job 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Happy to clarify @Rcr2018. You're charged once a week on Sunday's if you're spending less than $50. Once you've spent $50 on leads for the week, your card will be charged. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes