Highlighted

Re: Video: Paying for Leads on Thumbtack

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Kameron 

I have spent more than $1,000 in my time with Thumbtack. So what you are saying is that the charges will be once per week?

DJ Stevie 5-30-2019

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DJStevie you will be charged once a week only if you're spending less than $50 that week. You can be charged throughout the week or multiple times in a week if you're spending $50. For example, say you hit $50 on a Wednesday, you will be charged right then. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

It must be Thursday, because Thumbtack has changed the way they do business again, despite the fact that every time I talk to them, they say they are not going to change the way they do business again.

When I started in business, lead cost about $3.50 and I got plenty of them over my phone.  I was securing business like crazy.  Then...slowly, they started raising their prices, and making it harder and harder to do business with them.  

With this new system, if I don't jump and down and say the magic word, they charge me for virtually nothing.  

Thumbtack as gone from the greatest business tool I had to the worst business tool I have.  

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Meckell 

Thanks, but it contradicts what @Kameron told me. Please read previous comment by him. I was just trying to find out because I know that I've said it numerous of times, being charged $50 is difficult to budget weekly.  If I was to be charged, as in the past, on a weekly basis, it's not a problem. Whereas, I have to budget anytime I get charged(and that is very rare at the moment because of various reasons)

Please go back to weekly charges!!!

DJ Stevie 5-30-2019

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DJStevie Kameron and I are indeed aligned on this. He told you, we charge your card weekly - every Sunday evening. If you end up spending more than $50 before the end of the week, we’ll charge your card at that point as well. Which is correct. Thank you for your thoughts about this! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I saw a comment get three kudos that complained about paying for leads and not getting the job.

I'd like to suggest a different approach.

Poor business people should get charged for losing bids as long as SOMEBODY on thumbtack gets the bid.

If you get window shoppers who never end up paying Thumbtack's vendors, that ends up making Thumbtack costly and useless.

Uncompetitive businesses should pay the fee for leads. It's a slap on teh wrist for trying to rip off Thumbtack's paying customers.

Businesses with good prices should recoup the costs of leads just fine. 

The bad businesses eventually stop using Thumbtack because they only lose money. This leaves behind good businesses that help Thumbtack's reputation as a good place to find vendors with good quality and good prices.

The current model encourages vendors to inflate their prices to pay for the leads that end up buying AND the window shoppers. This gives thumbtack higher prices than teh same vendors charge elsewhere. Does that make Thumbtack look like a good place to shop?

Seriously, Thumbtack, stop charging vendors for ghosts. If they don't buy, vendors shouldn't pay. If they do buy, you collect from everyone who tried. Long term, this should be a more profitable business model for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

@Meckell You're intentionally avoiding the part of Kameron's comment that we are asking about! Why!? He said, "If you’ve spent a total of $1000 or more in your time with Thumbtack, then you’ll be charged weekly as opposed to each lead separately." Since we cannot tag him directly, can you have HIM elaborate on that? Ihave spent well over $1000 on leads through TT, so why do I continue to be charge for $50+ in leads every other day.

If you take our money every week instead of every day, we may see the profits clearer and me more likelyto use the platform more often, instead of constantly bashingit like I see so many doing on all of your social media pages.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Randizzle55 @DJStevie @Rcr2018 If you check out the article that both @Kameron and @Meckell posted, you will see the information you are asking for. Here is a screenshot as well.Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 4.13.08 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

@DustiO  yeah they explained that and I read the article. Still not clear. It says if you spend more than $1000 on leads you’re only charged once per week! Then it says “*oh we lied* we’re going to charge your for every $50 you spend!” MAKE UP YOUR MINDS! If you know I have ontime payments all the time and have spent thousands on leads, DO NOT CHARGE ME EVERY DAY! Seeing those charges every day really makes me question if it’s worth it. Would be totally different to see a weekly charge and be able to compare it to he jobs I won throughout the week. 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Randizzle55 I can definitely appreciate your view on this! Many of our pros don't spend more than that and will only see one charge, but for our pros who spend more, I can see how this would be a little more confusing. I know it's not ideal for you, but you can always go to your Payments section and look at your payment summary for the past week and get your total there. I hope this helps and thank you for the feedback! 

0 Likes