Highlighted

When lead says they can't afford to pay ANY amount

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Wondering what the thoughts of both TT and Pros are when you have a phone call with a lead that you received in Thumbtack and they say that they have no money and can't afford to pay you any amount at all.??

Isn't this something where the lead cost should be credited as clearly this person knew they could not afford to pay at all. This is not a valid lead in my opinion - looking for others to comment as well.

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: When lead says they can't afford to pay ANY amount

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hey @MR! Did you request a refund for this lead?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Meckell I did, and I received a courtesy credit (thank you) with the note that this lead was not really eligible for a credit.  So, while I appreciate the credit, it appears that customer service believes, in general, we should be charged for leads that know they cannot pay any amount (not simply a lower price than we would like to charge) and is hoping to get our services for free. 

Is Customer Service's message consistent with what TT really expects?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@MR glad you got a refund for it! The reason why this was a courtesy refund was that the conversation was over the phone and we have no real way to confirm or deny what happened. Without proof, these situations are taken on a case by case basis to determine if it's something that can be refunded. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Meckell  That does make sense. Thank you.