Highlighted

what do the stats mean?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Im not really sure where this post should go.. I thought maybe it would fit under Pro Tips, but you have removed the opportunity to post a new thread in there.. so I give you permission to move this post to the appropriate category.. or to create a new category.

There is a function within the TT platform that allows me to see where I rank.  It used to be that I could track how I was performing as well as my competition by watching the numbers changes.. number of hires.. number of reviews.. and so on.. It seems that over the last 10 months or so, those numbers have stopped changing.  This means one of several things and I am just trying to figure it out.  Either the stats that are showing are meaningless, just taking up space, or nobody is actually getting new hires or new reviews...  If the information is not accurate, why post it?  I mean really... its like junk mail.  why is it een there.  If the numbers are accurate, then why is nobody getting hired, and nobody getting new reviews?ttttttttrtrtrtrtrtertergsfvdfgv.JPG

replies
Highlighted

Re: what do the stats mean?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@GeorgeH you're still able to track how you're doing compared to the competition in your area. There are a few ways to do this. First is by going to the insights section of your account. You’ll get an insider’s view on your activity, market and how you compare to other Thumbtack pros. Next is by viewing competition for a specific lead. When you're messaging a potential customer, select the three dots in the right-hand corner and then choose View Competition. 

Can you expand more on what's not accurate for your specific stats? I'm happy to dig into things for you and get you more answers! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Meckel, its real simple... when I open the jobs tab, there's a link near the top of the page that says, " Look Yourself Up".  When I go there, I get to see what the customers see when they search for a pro....supposedly.  I have no way of really knowing if what I see is what they see.  In that screen, I see a list of pro's... ranked in some sort of order, but there's no real rhyme to that ranking.  Under the individual pro's name and or photo, there are some simple stats shown... i.e., number of hires, number of reviews, star rating of reviews (an average I suppose), and years in business.  I have noticed, that those numbers never change... or change very little.  I have seen the same pro's for nearly a year, and there's no change to the stats.  That could mean that they arent winning jobs, or they arent bidding... i have no way to know.  What I do know, is that there are plenty of leads that come in.  With the total number of leads that flow through the page, I would suspect that somebody within the listings is getting hired...at least some of the time.... and yet... when I add up the number of hires for each pro over the past 10 months, that number reflects maybe one hire altogether... This tells me that either the stats that I see are meaningless, or if they are accurate, then the Thumbtack platform is severly lacking in getting homeowners to actually hire someone, which was the reason for them coming to Thumbtack in the first place.  So... I'd like to know.. are those stats accurate?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@GeorgeH when you "Look yourself up" you're able to see where you rank amongst other pros in your area. It's not necessarily a stat, it's just showing where you rank when a customer does a search for a pro who offers your service in your area. You can read more about what determines a pros rank here. 

When it comes to a pros number of hires, reviews, and star rating, I can assure you that is all accurate. As soon as a pro gets a review or is hired, it's updated on their profile almost immediately. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

ok.. that answers my question then.. if the number of hires is accurate... I am left wondering just how many job posters hire someone.  For all the pros that are listed in the customer search list, the number of hires in my field has not changed since november of last year.  There has been a steady flow of leads that come in however.  Where are all these jobs going?

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

just another thought,.  you mentioned that as soon as a hire occurs, or a review occurs, the pros profile is updated immediately... is the search page also updated immediately, or just the profile?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@GeorgeH no matter where the profile is being shown (search results, Google search, or by viewing the pros public profile) the info is all updated the same. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Which leads me back to my original question... I have been a part of Thumbtack for over 4 years... There is a steady flow of leads in my field.  While i understand that not every job poster finds or hires a pro, I know that hires happen.  If just 10 % of the jobs that come through result in hires, it would show up in the stats on the search page under the pros profiles... and yet, those numbers have not changed in many months... If 4 to 5 leads come through every week, after 30 weeks, thats 150 leads.. if 10% result in hires... thats 15 new hires in 30 weeks.. if there were 15 new hires in the last 30 weeks, why doesnt it show up in the profiles of the pros on the search page..?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@GeorgeH if a customer hires a pro, it will show on that pros account. If you look at your insights, there are 24 active pros in your area. I imagine that a lot of the jobs that are coming in are going to a variety of different pros and can be hard for pros like yourself to keep track of all those other pros stats. If anyone ever has concerns of hires not replicating on their profile, we encourage them to reach out to us. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Meckel I understand what you are saying.. but that does not answer the question.. There may be 24 active pro's, but only 10 or so show up in the customers search feature.  I already know that it is nearly impossible to be found or hired unless you show up in the search window..so lets just talk about those pros...the ones that show up.  If 4 to 5 leads show up every week..  which is a conservative number.  Its probably at least twice that.. but lets say 4 to 5 per week... over the past 30 weeks, thats 150 or so leads.. if only 10% of them result in hires, thats 15 hires.. I understand, 15 is a very conservative number... its probably more like 50% to 75% hires.. but lets use the 10% number... that's 15 ne hires over the course of the last 30 weeks... even that small number does not show up at all under the pro's  profiles... if the number of hires were more like the accurate number of 50%... that would mean there was like 80 hires over the past 30 weeks... surely... if the stats in the profiles were accurate, 80 leads would show somewhere... and yet.. even 15 dont show..

Im just trying to get a good grip on what the numbers mean as they show up on the Thumbtack platform.... I have no way of knowing the total number of hires.. I would like to think that there are many many hires... but the numbers arent saying that. 

At the beginning of this thread, I posted a photo... that photo is from the search page that customers see.. each pro listed has numbers that show their hires, years in business, and reviews... I simply want to know why those numbers havent changed....

\

0 Likes