Highlighted

COVID-19

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hello All!

Are any of you feeling the effects of the Coronavirus fears?

PG

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: COVID-19

Community Expert
Best Answer

@pgrether 

All is good so far for me. Nobody has cancelled any events that I'm DJing yet, thank God. All is good with new gigs booked in the coming weeks.

DJ Stevie 3-12-2020

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I am glad to hear that. I have had a couple of cancellations related to it. I provide music lessons. I have had an increase of lessons being scheduled. So far, so good!

PG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Not yet. We actually had our first public case here in Jacksonville Florida today so i guess may start to feel some of the effect possibly now. I don't see it being much off a problem in our field just no hand shaking with customers much now. Unfortunately we have to visit random customers homes so definitely keep sanitizer handy 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

In the last 2 days I have lost a lot of customers! I teach music and I am really for the online video conferencing classroom. There is always an alternative!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I am seeing a decline in business, absolutely.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Yes. but it's MOSTLY from me!

I admit I am a bit reluctant to do my typical home computer services due to being around someone who may infect me.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR HOME SERVICE:
1. Wearing blue gloves from Walgreens
2. I have a surgical mask IFF I were to go to a home where someone was sick
3. avoid getting closer than 3 ft to anyone

HERE IS WHAT I DO WHEN I PICKUP DEVICES TO REPAIR:
1. wear gloves during the meeting
2. put device in trashbag/zip-lock bag
3. wipe device off w clorox wipe before repairing (in an work area away from rest of home, and washing hands before an after working on laptop).
4. wiping device again before delivery
5. Deliver repaired item to customer wearing gloves

...any other ideas?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I'll tell you another thing I did -

Typically I will schedule appointments close together based on their locale... but lately I have trying to move appointments to the same days. That way I figure I can not only get all of the home visits / exposure(?) out of the way in one day - remembering to practice the tenants of protection all at once - but also I can have day or days in between to chill out at home and "recover" from the "exposure" (via OJ? Praying? Chanting? Fresh Air??)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer
I just had my first cancel/reschedule of a high profile wedding from April 5 to September 5. One other wedding for this Saturday has been moved from a venue to the family house.
DJ Stevie 3-18-2020
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Be careful out there party people! Wear your masks, gloves, and goggles! Stay safe and healthy!