Customer Support - Lack of

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I understand the Covid19 situation affects company's in many ways, but each and every other company I need support from has managed to find a way to provide it...except Thumbtack as follows: I click on CHAT and wait and wait and wait and then wait some more and nobody ever shows up...or it takes sooooooo long for them to do so that I have already given up waiting. If you call 1-866-501-5809 the only option given is a back and forth text messaging one, but I do NOT have a mobile phone...just my land line so there goes that. Last option is to e-mail them and that takes long too, especially when you need to talk to somebody like RIGHT NOW! I, unlike some of you AM getting leads, but when I respond to them I get absolutely NO replies, yet I have targeting ON. TT has , over time improved in several ways and for that I appreciate them, but this lack of service pro support is very frustrating and unacceptable for a "professional" company. Thomas

replies

Re: Customer Support - Lack of

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi Thomas, I completely agree with everything you wrote 100%. I have been very frustrated waiting on line for a chat, and when they finally come on, the lag time to respond to my chat is ridiculous, I wonder if they are multi chatting?! There has definitely been a learning curve to using Thumbtack. My main issue is with collecting refunds. There are direct leads coming to my inbox weekly that do not match my preferences because they are out of state, they click on “in person”, + “virtual” and when I respond they tell me they are looking for only “in person”. (loophole, some, not many, want virtual in there area, so when COVID ends (their words, not mine!) they have a pro that is local!)(THUMBTACK PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE, I AM GETTING DIRECT LEADS WHO ARE NOT REALLY PREFERENCE - INDICATED) (see my frustration...caps!) When I request a refund it states I will get an email within 2-3 business days, I am still waiting for 3 refunds for the last two cycles, 1-2 weeks. It is confusing to click on the correct dates to ask for the refund, first of all it is not seamless, it is like hunting for it in a camouflaged Forrest. (the exact place to REQUEST A REFUND does not come up directly from one of the 5 choices at the bottom of the Pro Page - leads, messages, services, notifications & Profile) The dates do not match up either. The date it shows the lead came in, and the date on the request a refund page (can not even tell you how a I get there!!) are about 7-9 days off. What is even more frustrating is when I do get a response they rarely mention who the lead is in the email! So now It’s a guessing game, I have sent 4 emails for a direct lead, waiting weeks for a response and when I finally received an email it read ‘ we have issued you a refund already WITH NO NAME OR DATE! There is absolutely no way for me to keep accurate records of the names and dates of any refunds. When I have finally chatted after the merry go round of buttons and loops on the HELP page, the live chat agent is unable to address ANY of the above concerns...”That’s another department”! In the mean time I am spending good money on Thumbtack and am left hanging and waiting - Why is this Thumbtack? You can do better! Jenny
0 Likes