Highlighted

Customer threatened me to provide more services for free or they would leave a bad review

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Customer booked our services for her home siding through instant booking with pre-negotiated price. We confirmed the job with customer the day before the service was performed

On the day of the job, we arrive early and completed the job on time. Once the job was completed the customer requested us to do additional services (roof, gutters, deck, porch and driveway) at no additional cost to her. We explained to her that we could not perform those services for free. We explained that we base our pre-negotiated prices off of the cost of the lead, resources and time necessary to complete the job. We informed the customer of the prices for the additional services. She began to harass us and yell saying that she would leave a poor review if we did not perform additional services for free.

We tried to accommodate the customer by power washing her basement steps for free. She was not satisfied. She continued to yell, scream and harass us.

We asked for payment and she refused to pay by the acceptable payment methods. She wrote a check for the incorrect amount. We made the decision to pack up and leave for our safety. I explained that we do not accept checks as a method of payment per our profile on the app. However, we would make an exception for her this time only.

We take the safety of our customers seriously. We aim to make every reasonable effort to provide our customers with best service and quality.

Proof of siding only estimate and confirmation, and before and after pictures can be provided upon request.
replies
Highlighted

Re: Customer threatened me to provide more services for free or they would leave a bad review

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

I'm so sorry to hear about this situation @Kprice10. What is the status of the job with the customer at this point and do you need Thumbtacks assistance with anything? 

0 Likes