Highlighted

Do You Follow Up???

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Here is a screenshot of a lead that went cold from the start.  Didn't stop contacting them for 2 months.

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.29.49 AM.png

Don't quit reaching out to them.  Turned an $8 lead that went cold into $500 booking next week.

The only time I quit reaching out is if they canceled the project or if they were hiring for an event and the date of the event had passed.

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
replies
Highlighted

Re: Do You Follow Up???

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@CLGPatrick I think this is great advice.

With all of the followups that you are doing, do you find that most leads reply in one way or another or are you finding a high percentage of them never respond in any fashion?

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Great question!

Right now, my spreadsheets show that 61% reach out and never respond after that.  Out of those that never responded back, 89% of them reached out to more than one pro; which means they most likely hired a different pro (No way of telling, though).

I do currently maintain an 18% return on following up with leads that went cold.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

If one of your leads hires another Thumbtack Pro and that Pro changes the status of the lead at their end to 'In Progress' or 'Done' then you will see a note about that change of status in the message area for your lead. Not every Pro will change the status of their leads when they are hired but I imagine that most do because they will then be able to request a verified review.

Cheers,
Lar.