Highlighted

Leads that choose to hire then never respond.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

After getting a lead,  the client accepted my bid and said he would contact me.  He never followed through and Thumbtack took the money for that lead,  while nothing materialized into a job for me.   Has this happened to any of you?  

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: Leads that choose to hire then never respond.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I have wondered about this as some of the leads sound like made-up names. I hate to be cynical, but as everyone here is a freelancer and dollars count, I am anxious about some of them. 

- Amy at Cary Presentation Graphics Studio

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Yup - happens to me frequently.

Highlighted

Refund for no show customers

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

My biggest complaint is customers who post a request....then never follow up. I will send message and another, etc....and no response. When I ask for a refund, it is always, "that doesn't fall into our policy". That's crap. I spend $50-$75 for a lead, and then the customer never responds. I'm gettin tired of this. And Thumbtack has made $1000s on my business but don't seem to care about losing it. Anyone else have thoughts?

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I get that too.  I actually have a recent one Thumbtack marked as suspicious, but never refunded my money.

Highlighted

Best Answer

@AndrewCasanave are you sure it's a lead that you'd already paid for? To be sure you can check your Payments page or reach out to us with the customers name and we can help get some clarity for you.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I checked my payments.  I paid on 12/15/19.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I just re-checked.  Even though Thumbtack marked the "lead" as cancelled, I haven't gotten a refund.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Best Answer

@AndrewCasanave thanks for checking. To be sure exactly what happened I recommend reaching out to our support team with the customer's name. You can use this page to contact us.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes

Community Regular
Best Answer

I did receive credit for that lead after calling.  It shouldn't have required a call since Thumbtack determined the lead was suspicious.