Highlighted

Re: Leads that choose to hire then never respond.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Andrew, Yes, I'm sure I paid for the lead. The last time it happened, I emailed and messaged the customer several times over a period of 3-4 weeks. No response at all...Then when I asked for a refend, I was told "sorry its been more than 30 days". So I either keep trying to get a response, or take too much time...

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

It happens to me often. Most of the leads are worthless. Some want to spend $5 and meanwhile it costs me $13 to buy the lead. Overall, Thumbtack is an expensive system to get leads.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Has the new price assurance been working for anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@Gaddyair - Yes, I have found that per the guidelines, and the client doesn’t read the response, I am refunded. Of course, again, all of the other requirements have to be met on my end. So I guess what I am saying is that I am finding that the Price Assurance program is working for me as I was expecting it to!
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

As far as requirements do you mean continuing to reach out to customer over time?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@Gaddyair - no, I am referring to the requirement to 1 - have targeting turned on and 2 - respond within the 4 hour window. As long as I’ve done that, I’ve been refunded when my response to the prospect has not been read.
0 Likes

Paying for "fake" leads

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
When someone reaches out for my services, I respond, then they ghost me. I don't see how I should pay for that lead. They basically never responded. How do I know it is even real? I've heard Home Advisor does this and see that Thumbtack is basically morphing into them.
For the first time last week, Thumbtack automatically refunded my money on one of these occurances, but I have requested other instances where the same thing happens, but was denied because "they haven't had a chance to respond" I remember when all of this was automatic, but now you have to fight tooth and nail to get a refund. I am very disappointed what Thumbtack has become. At the end of the day, we Pros need to keep in mind that we are the "paying customers" here and NOT the people requesting work to be done.
All I'm asking is, if I don't get a response at all, I shouldn't pay.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Yes. Unfortunately customers do this by not knowing or not caring that you have to pay for that lead. Thumbtack is ok at times with refunds. But mostly you may have to chalk it up as a loss.  I have found it that sometimes you may get a response with continually reaching out to the customer days later. 

0 Likes