Highlighted

Needing Pointers on my new cleaning business

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I've started a cleaning business on the 11th of this month and I got one weekly client the first day, by word of mouth. I'm trying to figure out what the best way is to advertise my business and get new clients. I've done the Google business, Angie's List, Facebook, local paper and Thumbtack. I've had one lead from thumbtack and had to pay for it but Services were never booked. Just looking for ideas I guess.

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Needing Pointers on my new cleaning business

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I promote my cleaning business and auto pay for leads and get 20% off. I respond quickly and I always follow up with at least 2 emails to those leads that request my availability then do not respond to emails. I have been using Thumbtack since the beginning of May 2019 and I have had huge success and I made Top Pro this month. I started with zero clients coming out on my own as a residential and commercial and new construction housekeeper. I have used Thumbtack to build my business and I now have about 95%of my leads as repeat customers

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi there @ACServices19, welcome to the Community! We definitely want Thumbtack to be a useful tool for your business. You got some great advice from Jess5ash79 and I would definitely consider those tips. 

One thing that stood out to me was your profile. It's definitely off to a great start, however, I would strongly recommend expanding on it a little bit more. Not only is your profile the first impression a customer gets of you, but it also affects where you rank when a customer searches for a cleaner in your area. 

Start by getting a few more reviews. You're able to get up to ten reviews from customers you've done work for outside of Thumbtack, so I would definitely take advantage of that. After that, I would expand on your introduction section a little more. It's a great opportunity to tell customers more about you and for you to really sell yourself. 

Again, your profile looks awesome. These are just a few tips to take it to the next level. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Jess5ash79 I love hearing that Thumbtack helped you grow your business! You have a lot of great insight to give and I thank you for sharing that insight with ACServices19 🙂