Highlighted

Not finding customers anymore?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi Everyone! I am a piano teacher who has used thumbtack to find piano students for the past five years. It has always been such a wonderful tool and actually helped me fill out my studio last year, so that I had to turn my profile off! Recently I've returned to thumbtack to advertise and am disappointed to find that, though I have targeting on as I always have, my profile (which used to appear toward the top) does not even appear unless you scroll and scroll. Meanwhile, all the pros at the top are teachers who do not even live in my city, let alone my state (I'm in Ohio, and these people from Colorado, New York, California, etc). I understand that some people are looking for remote learning, but many people still want to find teachers in their local area who offer in person lessons (with all the necessary safety precautions in place, of course!).

Basically, I used to receive several queries a week from potential clients; now I receive none! As it happens, I turned to Facebook advertising and found four new students there, but I liked Thumbtack as a tool and wish it would work better at serving people who are still trying to find LOCAL clients. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just a problem with teachers right now?

replies
Highlighted

Re: Not finding customers anymore?

Active Community Member
Best Answer
You’re not alone. There are a ton of us having this issue with no end in sight. I’m a resume writer who used to be extremely busy- I haven’t had a lead since June 23rd now.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I am finding similar as far as leads. [Piano Teacher also]. Though am willing to teach remotely, I cannot find a function that expands my area beyond 50 miles.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@VladaHenderson I'm seeing that you have your remote preferences turned on. When you offer your services remotely, it automatically expands those travel preferences to anywhere in the US for remote jobs. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I recently viewed Thumbtack from a customer perspective and notice my name way below those that have newly signed on who have less reviews and less education and experience.
Am realizing why I have not been receiving leads lately.
0 Likes