Highlighted
Best Answer

On a New Fashion Venture!

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

My name is Kasaundra Johnson and I am diving in the fashion industry. I knew I needed to go in a different direction to create a quality life for my family and I. 

Here is the short story about how I got to this point.  

October 2019 I put in my 2 week notice at a complany I had been with for 15 years.  I realized it was now or never to get start on my lifes path.  While volunteering and networking with the community I took an opportunity that was presented to me. 

I applied for the 2020 SMall Business Training program the City of Atlanta was hosting; and was accepted.  During my training class I saw the need for a forward fashion busines casual shoe. I did some research and was able to find some resources to help me set up my design and presale platform.  This is how the NewWave Shoe Collection started.

My first deign is on pre-sale for 27 more days.  Once I get 6 more orders the shoe will be mass produced for delivery.  I am not sure where to start to get the word out.  I would like to reach out to the community to get to know more about the fashion and shoe design world.  Any suggestions and/or insight would be very much appriciated.   

• save-image.PNG

E757D158-F2D5-475C-A672-74C214C1BB3A.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: On a New Fashion Venture!

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi. Congrats on your new fashion business! My name is Elisha Carter. I have been in the fashion industry for many years in many areas.

Have you made samples for the shoes?
-if so, have atleast 5 and give 2 to micro influencers in exchange for a google review and insta post.
-if no, the factory you choose to produce them will make samples before they go into production. It is a requirement. No one manufacturer will go straight to production w/o samples. And if so, you dont want them.

Do you have production in place.
-If so, get them to make a sample
-If not, stop the pre-order. Customers will be expecting merch on time. And first round production is never on time.

I am not sure from your post where you are at in the production process in order to give more tailored advice. But I hope that helps

View solution in original post

replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@MorrisseyStyle or @Elisha_Carter Do you have any advice for someone just starting out in the fashion industry?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi. Congrats on your new fashion business! My name is Elisha Carter. I have been in the fashion industry for many years in many areas.

Have you made samples for the shoes?
-if so, have atleast 5 and give 2 to micro influencers in exchange for a google review and insta post.
-if no, the factory you choose to produce them will make samples before they go into production. It is a requirement. No one manufacturer will go straight to production w/o samples. And if so, you dont want them.

Do you have production in place.
-If so, get them to make a sample
-If not, stop the pre-order. Customers will be expecting merch on time. And first round production is never on time.

I am not sure from your post where you are at in the production process in order to give more tailored advice. But I hope that helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Elisha_Carter Thank you so much for sharing these tips! Hopefully this helps, @NWC_Movers ! Excited to hear how your venture unfolds!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
@Elisha_Carter Thank you so much for the feedback. Samples have not been created. I was using a platform that required 7 pre sales before production of the shoe can start. Just trying to find the best path to start out. I am always on the look out for different avenues. I will take your advice for sure 😃
Was I was also looking to get connected to the fashion community and build relationships to get the word out. If you have any suggestions for networking opportunities I would appreciate that advice as well.

Thanks again.