Highlighted

Still the same.. No change

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Ever since I complained to Thumbtack and the targeting preferences changed, I no longer get leads like I did.  My targeting preferences are on, I’ve maintained 5 star reviews, done everything I’ve been asked to do to keep my “status” up here on Thumbtack... I get zero leads now.  Also, i see opportunities now that I more than qualify for...  yet they don’t come to me.  Oh and now I am lower on the search rank.  I’m lower than people with less stars than me.  This is awful.  You (Thumbtack) need to take care of people who work themselves hard to maintain a tip top profile.  I get no recognition and now, no leads.  Last week I got a couple “leads” but in every one I responded with the asked time and date they wanted work and then they either don’t respond or go back and forth with me about nothing.  This is the worst.  

replies
Highlighted

Re: Still the same.. No change

Community Regular
Best Answer
Very much in the same boat- not sure what happened. Went from at least a lead a day (which I was thankful for considering the climate of today's market) and now poof!- nothing for 8 days. The lead that came in 8 days ago was for a week day I had marked as unavailable, so I guess technically it has been even longer...

I am not sure if now that everyone has targeting turned on, we are shown less in actual client search results (not just "look yourself up"). I find that I rank differently when I check on my phone vs. the internet vs. the app every time so who even knows any more. Something is wrong with the algorithm.. or the Thumbtack market is now just simply flooded with pros. Nonetheless, very frustrating when at a stand still with no means of assistance.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Its completely ridiculous. I have ZERO leads this week. I have nothing but 5 star reviews... all that. Now I show up lower than people with less reviews than me. Less stars... it totally sucks!! Thumbtack needs to get it together. This is crap!
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Same here. I have had a lead in...a month? I’ve gone elsewhere for my clients.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Where have you gone?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I actually just checked, the last time I had a direct lead was June 23rd. June 23rd! When I used to get several daily.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
That’s insane. Every time I talk to someone with the exception of one person from thumbtack, they respond like a robot. I don’t understand why they won’t help us. I used to get so many leads. I got ZERO this week. Also, I saw a bunch of opportunities I usually qualify for and not one picked me. I don’t get it.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Same issue here too..after complaining MANY times for over billing and paying for targeted leads 2000 miles away.. I have seen my leads go from 10 a week to 10 per month..

The other issues NO ONE at TT know how these lead prices are determined. I got billed $25 for a computer lead that as per TT should be max $5.77 when I asked for a refund they said no.. TT I’m learning is a VERY SHADDY company and the more I let them know that the less leads I get..
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Do you know how to turn off 'direct leads'?
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@BobOpticks if you don't want to receive direct leads, you'll just need to pause your targeting preferences. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes