Highlighted

Thumbtack Removed Me From Search Results & Blocked Customers From Contacting Me

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thumbtack removed me from search results, and disabled the ability for customers to Request Quote, Message Me, Check my Availability. This happened for 2 reasons I suspect:

1. I have been calling them out on their unethical business practices. I don't even want to get into it now since I am sure if you have common sense, you know what I am talking about. I mean, it's COVID-19 season and you think a company would at least relax a little bit and have some sympathy or compassion on its customers. 

2. I removed all my targeting preferences so that I don't get charged bogus and ridiculous fees based on unethical practices I mentioned in #1. 

So, can someone help me navigate this. Why would Thumbtack remove me from search results after I have worked my butt off to "make them money" in the few months I have been on the platform? I worked my butt off to become and maintain Top Pro status and was always #1 in my city in search results. After I started speaking out and changed my targeting preferences, everything changed. I can't understand why they blocked me off the platform for any of the reasons above.

I am fired up, with unlimited energy and motivation to make sure  that in the long term, Thumbtack is held accountable for making pros and small businesses suffer, even in the midst of a global pandemic. I want to make sure that this company's leadership are held accountable for the deceptive practices I have seen them use on me and others. Underneath all of this, is a company that's crumbling with absolutely no moral compass. I know former leaders at this company, and know a couple of people who still work here. And I can't wait. I can't wait for karma to come visit.

Thumbtack, if you are reading this, I appreciate being underestimated. Anyone else, tell me if I am crazy or have totally lost my mind.  

For reference, here is the public link to my profile. That's the only way you can find me right now. 

https://www.thumbtack.com/ky/louisville/portrait-photographers/evershottm/service/369586733914570779...

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Thumbtack Removed Me From Search Results & Blocked Customers From Contacting Me

Community Regular
Best Answer
Anyone who turns targeting off is not going to show up in search results. It is their new policy. In my area it goes into effect 8/18. They may have already started it in your area. I think a lot of Pro's will just leave.
0 Likes