Highlighted

Working Remotely

Community Regular
Best Answer
Hi Y'all, hope everyone is staying safe. I work as a personal trainer and my business, along with most others have been absolutely wrecked by the outbreak.
I saw that a thumbtack competitor was offering a remote training option and was curious if anyone knew whether or not that was going to be an option here as well?

Stay safe. -Chris
Occupations (1)
0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Working Remotely

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out @TheFitCubano, we hope you're staying safe as well. As of right now, there isn't an option in your preferences to offer your personal training services remotely. I would recommend putting it in your about me section of your profile so customers see can that you're offering it.

I understand that having a remote option would be extremely helpful to you during this time, so I'll be sure to pass this on to the correct teams. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
The “about me” intro doesn’t show in the list of trainers. And the remote label icon doesn’t work. I was told this was added but it’s not working. Plus the customers cannot put remote as a preference when finding a trainer.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@FitnessKt let's look into this and get it figured out. Please contact us and our customer support team will be more than happy to look into this and help you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
TheFitCubano,

Hi, so you see that a competitor is able to offer remote assistance. Are you looking for if Thumbtack.com will provide you tools so that you can do remote assistance, or if you as an individual can offer your services remotely?

Reason that I ask is I do computer repairs, and before all of this 95% of my work was where I went to an individual's home and repaired their computer. Now I look for and only take jobs where I can remotely do the work, meaning I can control their computer and fix software issues.

Of course I cannot do those jobs where machines are physically broken and require someone to actually touch the computer, but I do the best I can.

Couldn't you do the same thing. if you have clients that are established, or even new clients that want a trainer, isn't there a way for you to use technology to remotely talk or video chat with them so that you could provide your expertise. I'm not throwing out any technology solutions out there because I don't want to favor one solution over another.
0 Likes