Highlighted

I feel it's important to give a reason for declining an offer, and the app does not allow it.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello Pros,

I'm a chef and instructor with 40+ years in the food business. I just declined an offer that was out of my area of expertise, and it left me with a concern.

If a non-Thumbtack client were to approach me with a request that is not in my skill set, I would explain why I declined their offer. This way they would understand that their request is a reasonable one, just not one in my particular wheelhouse.

I feel that having the option to offer a short explanation to the declined client would add a level of professionalism that surpasses a mute refusal. 

What do you think? 

replies
Highlighted

Re: I feel it's important to give a reason for declining an offer, and the app does not allow it.

Community Regular
Best Answer

I completely agree with you and I have repeatedly requested that Thumbtack allow pros to offer an explanation to the prospective client on why we have declined their job request. It not only seems unprofessional to say no without giving a valid reason, but it also seems very rude. Having been on the receiving end of being declined by a Thumbtack Pro for a submitted job request, I can tell you firsthand that it doesn't feel good not knowing why my job request was declined.