Highlighted

Will Thumbtack be lowering lead prices considering the current situation we are all struggling?

Community Regular
Best Answer

+What are your thoughts? I am receiving leads in which they range from $16 to $30plus and these customers do not even respond back and  they just read. I would kindly like to have Thumbtack reconsider pricing on leads as we are sincerely struggling financially and the lead pricing is killing me as i lose money on people just "shopping around"

replies
Highlighted

Re: Will Thumbtack be lowering lead prices considering the current situation we are all struggling?

Community Regular
Best Answer
It's $82 for photographers I wish it was capped at $30🙈
Highlighted

Re: Will Thumbtack be lowering lead prices considering the current situation we are all struggling?

Community Regular
Best Answer
wow
0 Likes

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I feel the same way
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I am feeling the same way....during a time of financial upheaval you would think that they would be more willing to work with us to stay afloat. I am ending spending more now then I was before this "job targeting" and not getting the qualified leads like we were before. We are also getting people just planning....when I am charged 50-75$ for someone who is just planning it makes it a negative on the financial aspect. We are also seeing leads being sent to 3-5 other contractors at 50-75$ each?????? This new platform is making no sense to us a small business owners!!!
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@cleanmycarpet I agree! Im a wedding decorator and all wedding venues in my area have closed due to the plague.
I've decided to end targeting because of this and wait until next year to use TT for leads.

Velvet Oasis Events
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I feel the same way.i feel we paying them money we do not have just to answer a question and then be ignored.i have paid more out this month then i have made.its pointless
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I am letting all my customer know prices are hiking up. You can make flyers letting your customers know average lead price and let them know if you respond you as a business pays for a lead price. This will hopefully let all those people who are shopping around and dont respond that we lose money for responding to their job request. post it on your profile .
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Prices in thumbtack lately are insane, I have not idea who decides what to charge for a lead. Sometime lead as ridiculous expensive when description of jobs are not even accurate. Also I've been a little annoying by the fact you have to pay to have a service area, I decided not to pay since they where charging just because the lead match without knowing if customer is just shopping around. Now I received lead for more than 200 miles from my location and everytime I decline my rating go lower.

If they want to charge so much for the lead they better make sure customer has the ability to describe the job and even post pictures before we get to pay. As a plumber sometimes leads goes up to 90 dollars and turn to be customer wont pay more than 150..
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
ALSO THE ''POLICIES'' ARE even more hard to get reimbursements
we get for almost nothing