Highlighted

Re: Will Thumbtack be lowering lead prices considering the current situation we are all struggling?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
i have spent more then $1000 still haven't got no respond from customers
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Will Thumbtack be lowering lead prices considering the current situation we are all struggling?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
does any one know how to get refund back from the app??
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@mo510 if you feel a lead qualifies for a refund, please follow these steps to request that refund through the app. 

We want you to find success on Thumbtack and are happy to look into your profile and give you some tips! Just contact us and someone from our support team will help you out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I wish they would lower lead prices. I feel leads are too high. Also, I would kindly like to have Thumbtack reconsider pricing on leads as we are sincerely struggling financially and the lead pricing is killing me as well. It has been for awhile. I hope they will look at their pricing structure. And hope it will change. I have never taken this approach seriously, I never looked at fees before as closely now I am. I have decided not to purchase leads for now til I see the fees go down. We are losing too much Thumbtack has changed in my opinion. I would like all customers to see my business. I cannot afford the prices. Has changed dramatically over the years, I have been here in pricing.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I think Thumbtack's lead pricing system has worked broadly, without, however, working optimally. One issue is that the pro takes on all the financial responsibility for an interaction. A potential customer can choose to post an idea, without any financial consequence. There is no mechanism to assess or control the seriousness of the idea.
I propose the following two changes:

1. Thumbtack provides the FIRST ever inquiry of a customer account holder to pros for FREE. This gives pros some security in the absence of any information on platform use of a new customer. And it works in the context of point 2, below.
2. Thumbtack monitors the track-record of customers, according to some metrics, and determines lead pricing in part based on the observed seriousness, responsiveness and other observed characteristics of a customer. Customers with inquiries that lead to hires can command higher lead costs. Customers with less productive inquiries can lead to lower ones. Some effort could be made to determine causes of non-productiveness as well.

0 Likes