Re: 4 secrets for happy customers.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Rch31 the only time we would remove a review is if it violated our Content and Review Policy, which I would recommend reading. If after looking that over you still have questions or concerns regarding the review on your profile, please send me a private message. I'm more than happy to have a conversation with you about this and hopefully resolve any concerns you have. 

Community Regular
Best Answer

Some customers in today’s world no matter what you do to help, they can’t be pleased at all. Also, another thing I disagree with on thumbtack is when a customer makes a request then you come to find out its not for them it’s for someone else yet they are still allowed to leave a review. It should be the homeowner making the request or at least the customer communicating better with the company letting them know hey, I’m helping my elderly whomever put an it’s their home an they will be paying the bill. Also, if a customer don’t respond back to the company within 24 hours I feel that the company should get a refund. Companies work hard for customers business an shouldn’t be charged if the customers fail to respond back after asking for estimates or when you’re available. Thumbtacks a good company to work with, but as most it has some cons to it. Hope they can get all the flaws worked out to help better the business owners as we have families an just trying to make a living!! 

@Meckell  will you take a look at this an my profile with what I’m talking about. It was a third party person didn’t do business with her it was come to find out the mothers home, mothers sewage line problem an mother paying bill daughter had nothing at all to do with it yet still marked my company hired an left a review when she shouldn’t have as she had no plumbing problems an we thought it was her home an her mom was going to help her pay for the repairs that’s why she asked us to give the estimate to her mom an come to find out it wasn’t the case. Thank you for your time with this matter. 

Community Regular
Best Answer

Your so right dude. They shouldn’t base our ranking so much on reviews. I had a similar situation. And they act like it’s a 10 commandment that they can’t help u with bad reviews. The people dining this program are not for us.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I agree 

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I couldn’t agree with these comments anymore!   I have strived hard to become top pro for the past year. It’s obvious who the Top Pro is in the listed categories that we serve in my geographic area. The person labeled as the top pro doesn’t even have over a 4.7 rating. What’s up with that?!  I Never received a single bad review in the past year.  The only customers that ever left a 3 or 4 star review, didn’t even bother to comment on WHY they weren’t 100% satisfied.  How is it possible to use this to improve on?  On a second note, missing the top pro from literally one 4 star review(not being 5) is quite frustrating, especially considering that Thumbtack wouldn’t remove a review left on accident by a customer who was able to leave two verified reviews for the same job.(one 3 star BEFORE the job completed and a 5 star AFTER the job was done).  The customer admitted they were just trying to send a message but were prompted to leave a review instead. This was not under my control, but I still get the short end of the stick. Another customer said they would have given 5 star review instead of 4, but the message asking the customer for the review was sent by Thumbtack  like 15 times to the customers.  They felt pressured and left 4 star instead. Once again, an issue completely out of my control...  

its true that when you get enough customer reviews, things like this can(and will) happen. But it seems that the dedicated “Real” Top Pro’s are the only ones that take the hit for these types of instances... just saying.

a sliding scale makes FAR more sense IMO.  Or at least allow the reviews that are sub 5 stars get corrected, if it’s clearly for a technical error or something out of the pro’s control.

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@PhilippaB Do you realize that the Pro's here are Thumbtack's customers? I think we should be treated as such, using your 4 statements. I haven't used thumbtack much lately because of the poor customer service I receive.

Community Expert
Best Answer

@RooterProsLLC1 I definitely want to hear more about this situation. Feel free to send me a direct message and be sure to include the customer's name on the job along with any other details that you may feel are useful. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.

Community Regular
Best Answer

Feel free to send me a DM an I will be happy to reply back to you as I don’t know how to send a DM on here I’m sorry. Thank you for your time an help with this matter. 

Thank you,

Constance 

0 Likes

Community Expert
Best Answer

@RooterProsLLC1 to send a direct message to someone here, just click on their picture, view profile, and the direct message button. However, it sounds like you've already been working with Meckell on this situation.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes