Highlighted

Re: How to set your prices.

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@PhilippaB @Meckell 

Is this still an active thread?

"Setting prices can be nuanced work. It all depends on different factors, from cost of materials to market demand."

I agree! That is the point I've been trying to make for months and months - that giving a simple rate per hour is a terrible way to set pricing, confusing for clients, and doesn't allow for the variety of factors you laid out in the article. I would love Music Entertainment category to have the pricing options that the DJ category has - as our gigs are so similar.

Thanks

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ScottArcangel 

I find it difficult to charge by the hour as I have set packages. Trying to set hourly rates is tough, but tried it at the suggestion of a rep. I got burned twice when quotes were sent. One instance, a Job Poster saw a 4 hour quote and I had to adhere to it, even though my package was for 6 hour.

There has to be a better way for you, I and others within the entertainment categories to provide pricing, and not by the hour. Not every category charges by the hour, which is something that I feel Thumbtack never took into consideration when setting this system up.

DJ Stevie 5-23-2019

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ScottArcangel it is still an active thread. You've made a great point here about the need to be more specific with your prices and I'm glad that it's feedback that you've previously shared with our teams to look into. I've made sure to reiterate this feedback from my end as well. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.