Highlighted

Re: Tackle your ROI in three steps.

Active Community Member
Best Answer
This formula ignores the most important part of the of the ROI calculation. The net earned is assuming there is no cost of the business. Business gross is not 100% profit so this formula is terribly flawed. You must include the hard costs of doing the business to calculate profit and therefore ROI.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

As a professional handyman, fully half of my business - maybe more - is repeat and referral.  For leads here on TT, I consider carefully the cost of each lead.  If it's too high, I simply ignore or decline it.  If that happens enough, customers will go elsewhere, and I'll go with 'em.  Fortunately, I have very high conversion and retention rates.

I've narrowed my service area as much as possible with the Promote system (which I find unworkable), so with the rare promoted lead, I see that I saved 20% (yippeee!), but there's no way to know exactly how much I paid for that lead.  That's just plain ludicrous.  If I were shopping for any item, and you were to tell me that I must buy it in order to know how much it costs, I'd tell you to take a hike.  How much more ridiculous to be charged for something and have no idea what I paid for it!

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Christine I'd like to share your feedback on our prices with our teams. What price do you feel would be fairer as opposed to the leads you're seeing for $9-$15?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Please handle your end. Make a commitment to actually help bring in a consistent ROI on your platform, talk to Pros about what hinderance they face with this system, show us how you plan on eliminating those and achieving something measureably better. 

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ReeseTee I appreciate you sharing thoughts and experience on Thumbtacks pricing vs your ROI. The numbers you've shared here are great feedback. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@RobsTrucking the cost of each lead will vary depending on multiple factors like the service you offer, amount of competition, and details of the job. To understand the cost of each lead, go to your budget tool. In the frequently asked questions, click How much do I pay? to see the typical price of leads and the maximum price you’ll pay for leads in that service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Carl while you won't know the amount that you'll be charged before the lead comes in, once it does you can check your pending and past charges via the Payments page. Be sure as well to check my response in this thread to RobsTrucking about how you can better understand how much you'll pay in the FAQ section of your budget page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

We started when there were credits you bought.   Was an easy way to keep our cost with in our budget.  Some weeks we spent alot on leads. others not so much. 

Now it is hard to know what an lead costs or to track them.  We are much more careful to what we respond to.  We have gotten jobs off of here, but most often we do not hear back once we send them our intial response.  

As a small business, every $$ counts.  We work hard for what we make and do quality work.  

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@jprc2017, I can appreciate your position with the leads. We are just waiting them out until they find the need to be a valuable service again. But we are going on three years now with no TT business. I would give you a thumbs up on your post but they have disabled the Kudo capability "again".
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
@Kameron My point that you missed is- In less than 6 months for the same type of work and same type of lead the cost of the lead has gone from $13 to $63 that is a 384.615 % increase in the cost. In that same time the "Quality" or "Ghost" effect of the lead has increased probably the same amount. So based on your advice in your response to me, there is nothing in that FAQs that address my question or concerns. BTW what are you all doing about the "SPAM" leads? I have been charged for a lead that when you reach out to the customer you get bombarded with an advertisement.