Highlighted

Client Communication

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I evaluate a customers preferred communication by responding with my availability and my phone number. This gives them the opportunity to choose between continuing the conversation on Thumbtack or over the phone. However they respond, tells me which style they prefer.

Personally I prefer speaking over the phone, it’s much quicker for setting up appointments and I can get a better feel for what the client is looking for. I have had a few clients respond that they are at work at the moment and want to schedule the appointment for when they get off. I understand that people may not have the opportunity to call and it’s more convenient for them to reply via text, so I adjust my approach to best accommodate them. People appreciate when you accommodate them and always remember it.
Highlighted

Re: Client Communication

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I find that many Potential Clients prefer to remain somewhat "anonymous" so that they don't experience the "Hard Sell Tactics " like that of a Car Salesman.
I have all of my Information readily available on my Page.
No hiding my Rates, or forcing the Clients to call, only to learn that I am not within their Budget.
My time is just as valuable as theirs, and I don't like to spend my day, trying to convince a Client that I am the Best Choice.
My Pictures, Reviews and Competitive Rates, should be enough for Clients to see that I am the one they want to Book.
If I find myself spending too much time trying to convince a Client of this, I will discontinue communication, as experience has taught me that they value Low Price over Quality.
Sometimes they will see what the others have to offer, and then call me.
Because I don't expect them to, I am not upset when they don't. 😀
Highlighted

Re: Contest Alert! Win $100 in Thumbtack credit!

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I believe using more than one mode of communication usually improves understanding and connection between a potential client and myself. When I am contacted through Thumbtack, I provide a response which includes my email and phone number and a link to schedule a phone consultation.

This allows the client to continue to communicate through TT or to call, email and set up a call where we can discuss their legal issue in more detail.

I follow up after our call with an email to provide a brief summary of what we discussed and how I can provide representation.

One client on Thumbtack asked to set up a face to face meeting because they were primarily Spanish speaking, and the size and fee for the representation would be substantial.  We met at a local coffee shop to discuss their issue, and I believe the extra time and personal service made the difference to my clients because they hired me and I have been their attorney on that case and many more after that initial meeting.

I usually do all my meetings over the phone and through email because it eliminates the costs involved with having to travel or maintain a place to meet with client’s face to face.  I can provide my services more efficiently because we communicate through telephone conversations, email, and sometimes text messages.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
To evaluate my customers I look at their preferred method of communication and then try to reach them through that method but I listen to what they are saying and pickup on things they find most important in hiring a pro and I adjust my communication based on things I have in common with the client and work through it praying on their hearts to win them over.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
The best advice for communication with clients can actually be broken down into 2 things: Consultation & Keeping it Simple.

There should always be a standard of simplicity when it comes to communicating with clients or customers. Since YOU are the professional, it is entirely up to you to make sure that you and your client are on the same page at all times. This ensures that they completely understand you, what you’re doing, and what they need to do as well. Once you’ve got a secure method of speaking with your clients, you’ll see that simplicity is equivalent to efficiency.

Lastly, consultation. Ask as many questions as you possibly can to make sure you’re in full understanding of your clients needs. This will not only make them feel comfortable and safe with you because you have listened to them, but it makes them trust you from the start. Once they trust you from the start, they are a guaranteed client. This is how you build clientele!

Even if you’re working with the same client for years, their opinions can change day to day. It is always important to stay up to date with the clients you already have, and this will secure your business when it comes to the people you are servicing.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hello, and I evaluate the communication style depending on how the client wants to be contacted, first respond to the request, follow up. When I receive your information I let you know that I will communicate with them directly to your phone before arriving if it can be called or text. Some ok send me a message when you are there, and others call you and leave you pictures of the work progress by message. and others simply prefer tumbtack messenger
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Whenever we receive a new lead on Thumbtack, I respond by asking for them to call me, email or text whichever is more convenient for them. I then ask for them to please send me their address and email explaining Thumbtack blocks these for their privacy letting the customers provide when they are comfortable with the pro. I believe this gives them a peace of mind and a feeling of security. I always follow up thru Thumbtack after a email, text or phone call for added protection for both sides. After a job is completed we send a thank you card with a new customer 10% discount on their next service. We also include a frig magnet to keep our name in view. Doing this has maximized the value of Thumbtack enabling us to retain the majority of our leads as long term customers. Little secret, offer future credits or discounts for referrals who sign up as new customers but always pay up when receiving. Don’t even offer if the customer has to call and ask why they didn’t receive the referral credit!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Everything hinges on their first reply back....

• If it's one long response -we make sure that we respond with all details possible as they are most likely treating the correspondence like email
  • If it's multiple short responses- we make sure that we respond with all details to their questions and will/can handle it in multiple messages similiar to tet messaging
  • If they are ready to set a date and time- we make sure to respond with all details necessary about contracting and deposit so we can get them on the books
  • If they respond days later- we tend to only send one follow up as we know that people are busy and messaging more than 2 times w/out a response is probably just going to junk up their inbox
  • If they respond minutes later- we make sure to continue to communicate until we either one move to contracting or two get a response from the customer that we have satisfied all their questions

AND for all messages we put our Phone # as sometimes people just want to TALK to someone

All customers on Thumbtack have a way they like to work and so we are constantly adapting with every interaction.  Circles back to customer service at the end of the day.

In Service,

Tory & Amanda of Staged2Shine (www.Staged2Shine.com)

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I'm just as honest with my customer as possible I gain thair trust before I move on
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi Everyone! Communication is key with your customers before, during, and after. My tip for working on your insight of you customers needs is to read through what their initial message says their needs are and take a moment to imagine yourself in their situation. I believe the key to communication is listening and sympathy. So by paying close attention to what they message you, you can ask the right questions. Questions like what are you hoping to gain from this experience. Listen, think, then ask.
0 Likes