Highlighted

Re: Contest Time🚨Win $100 in Thumbtack credit!

TackMaster
TackMaster
Best Answer

Happy 2020 everyone!! 

As a successful business owner from the last 7 years. I always look forward to what the new year can bring. I reflect on my past year. I go over the highs and lows of the year, and then decide on where I can improve. 

Setting a business plan is great..... actually implementing that plan, is even better! 

Let's say you want to remodel your home. You look at the full home and see, well the kitchen needs work, the bathroom is a full gut, however the backyard is blooming. You then start work on that kitchen, also completely renovating that bathroom. Now, most likely you will need to outsource. Gain some new knowledge on how to do something better. Bring in someone who understands a little more on what you are trying to accomplish. 

That is just like running a successful business. Staying the course is fine, however, the world is constantly changing. If you want to be better, gain more knowledge, learn something new, and be ahead of your competitors. You need to keep improving your craft, and like that kitchen. Make it better.

Also networking, and marketing yourself is very important. Taking all you just learned from remodeling that kitchen is great. Now the bathroom, well that's a different beast in itself. This one you will need to outsource. Making connections is key. The more people who you know, and who aspires to the same vision. Will be a good connection and help you achieve your goals.  Some things you can not, or just don't want to do alone. 

For instance, social media, websites, Thumbtack, are all ways to help us grow. WE have to outsource to get our names out there. Finding better ways of using these platforms improves are business goals, (get's that kitchen and bathroom completed), and allows for our business (that backyard) to bloom. 

So as I jump into the new year. I already updated that kitchen (update my website, put new content into rotation). Working on that full bathroom remodel,(taking new classes, improving my craft, pushing myself to learn new technology, etc). All the while constantly making sure your business, (backyard) is in full bloom. 

Good luck to all.  Here's to a new year of more success stories! 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Last year I saw the vision of what my business will be if I remain myself as most company's who have stood the test of times. To be successful is not always the dollar amount. My success since I'm in entertainment comes from the people I serve and the almost guaranteed customers I receive from those who present. Either it is weddings, social events, or birthdays. My new business tactics and practices for one is a few weeks ago I looked back to events I did and emailed each person or company remainders of my services. While receiving new customers daily for the work I did last year that they see on my Instagram Highlights and read in my reviews. It's been a game-changer for me. To increase my bottom line I plan to market/promote my entertainment service more and I have since last June when I employed 4 DJs to pick up gigs that I get for the same date that I've already booked for myself as well as gigs for them through my Thumbtack, Gig Salad, and IG account.

I believe if you focus on the keys that unlocked your business and made your business stand out amongst the many that are in the same stream as you. You'll be a better catch over and over and over again. I focus on the customer and their needs over anything. Music comes naturally. If it's anything I've said here that's most important that will increase your business. I'd say focus on marketing. I didn't do it last year and I did great! But you add in marketing your service for only $20 for 5 to 7 days on Instagram or Facebook I promise you. If done right it will level you up above your competitors. I've done it when promoting events and organically received new business and customers. My plan is to spend a little over $100 a month doing that. It is engagement season, what better time!

I hope this was enlightening and helpful - Oscar/DJ Zest; RED-DRUM Entertainment 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
1. During Christmas I took a picture with my son; I looked to my Thumbtack under hired for all my leads who hired in 2019 and send all of them a happy Holidays message. many of them were extremely appreciate got a message back and “when can book another session or event”
2. First week of the year for the previous leads who did not get back to me. I offer them an extra 10% discount on your next booking from that week to the following month or they can also share my message and if I get a new booking they can receive the discount.
3. I also offered to my previous leads a 30 FREE minute session for writing me a review under Thumbtack’s link.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

The start of a new year is always a time filled with excitement, energy, and momentum. What are your best tips on kickstarting the new year successfully? Do you implement new business tactics or practices? Test out how emerging trends can increase your bottom line? Make any changes from the year before? Or just stay the course?

Well, for me I started the new year off with something new and different for me. I order a 4 block lesson discount which would save everyone that paid in advance 5 bucks a lesson for a 45 min leeson. The I offered a holiday sale and took it down another 3 bucks which got me a few more new students. I also offered the same deal to the students I already have which one got me more money up front and locked them into 4 lesson pre booked that filled up my calendar at my slowest time of the year. So i took a hit and lost a few bucks but ended up getting 3 new students and one returned who had left due to money reasons. So a win win for us all.

Gordon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Start the new year with goals that are both realistic and challenging.  Visualize what you would like to see, and it will take work, but it will come to be!  I am a music teacher, and this year I updated my studio policy to reflect the new requirement for automatic billing in order for customers to keep their spots in the schedule.  I think this is a good idea for businesses that offer services with recurring billing and scheduling!  ğŸ™‚ I also adjusted my rate to keep up with added costs such as general inflation, increased business expenses, my growing skill set, and my education.  Finally I even hired a consultant to give my pointers with how to make the billing portion of my business more streamlined and efficient–this I believe is going to increase not just my bottom line but also customer retention and ease of transactions.  I have made quite a few changes and made sure to communication with my clients via the first newsletter of the year at the beginning of this week!  ğŸ™‚ It's important to remember that customers are a HUGE part of your success and to deliver your best to them every time!  I did introduce the year with a promotional coupon too--this can help to thank existing customers and encourage new ones to sign up!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Contest Time🚨Win $100 in Thumbtack credit! - Contest has been closed.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@BITB @Gaddyair @Doaulin @DebWhite-Palmer @Gomobilegroomin @AVHandyman @JBoogie462 @Penn-The-Moment @DJZest_LBC @arambulam @Gee @Mage_Music 

Thanks to you all for participating in our contest! Winners will be announced here in the Community on Friday so keep an eye out for that.

Remember that the post with the most kudos will receive $100 in Thumbtack credit. Be sure to look over other posts and give your favorite a thumbs up!