Highlighted
Best Answer

🚨July contest alert🚨

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hey pros, we want to hear from you!

As you know, the Pro Community is a great place for pros to connect with each other, post inspiration, and share ideas! With that being said, tell us what you’ve been up to for a chance to win some Thumbtack swag!

Here’s how it works:

Respond to this post sharing one of your favorite projects you’ve done for a Thumbtack customer. Share the details, pictures and anything else you’d like! 

The contest will be live until Friday, July 24 at 12pm PST, and winners will be announced on Thursday, July 30th.

We will be selecting 2 contest winners. The winning posts will be those that receive the most kudos -  so if you see a post you like, give it a thumbs up! 

Happy posting!

Fine Print

• Stay within the Code of Conduct
  • Make sure your post is just about the contest (posts that stray into different topics will be removed and you will not be eligible for the Thumbtack credit.)
  • Only one post per pro. If you have multiple lessons to share, we’d love to hear it as a community discussion topic!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: 🚨July contest alert🚨

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer
@adastra @MindPranaBody @themusicboxny @KL @perrysto thank you all for participating in our contest. We loved hearing about your favorite projects!

Congratulations to our winners @adastra and @MindPranaBody! I'll be sending you a private message here shortly to get your mailing address so we can send you your swag.

View solution in original post

replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Hi All,

Here are some details of one of my favorite projects. I hope it'll inspire you and others to do something cool and interesting too!

Best,
Adrian
Chinese Astrology by LimFengShui
www.limfengshui.net

---

One of my most meaningful projects was to help a client with her career transition through each step of the process.

My client first approached me to give her a sense of her career luck, as she had been very unhappy with her job. We scheduled a 1.5 hour session, which took me about 2.5 hours to prep (she had a complicated chart that I had to analyze from different angles).

During this session, I first verified her chart, and then explained what type of career paths were likely to be best for her. It turned out that her chart provided several options, but the path she had chosen would give her many obstacles.

After discussing some ideas of what she could transition into, we also discussed what time frames would be most auspicious for her to make the change. My client then engaged me as a career coach to keep her accountable and provide guidance throughout her transition.

Over a period of 2-3 months, we had five coaching sessions. During these sessions, I would coach her on resume prep, interviewing and finally, negotiating her offers. Additionally, I provided astrological guidance on which offer would be best for her. In the end, my client accepted a role that truly excited her, and she is still happily playing that role today.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
One of my most fulfilling sessions was with someone with a troubled childhood - I mean a really bad childhood - they did not know the true feeling of "parents", "relationships", "affection or love" etc. - their life from 5 yr old to the current 50 years had seen everything that go wrong went wrong. They had wanted to try hypnotherapy and I suggested try Reiki and some life coaching/guidance.

they walked into my session with all the social labels that traditional counselors could find like OCD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, etc. and with anti-depressant meds prescription. at the end of 2 hours they walked out with confidence (self confidence) to take on the world .... their feedback testimonial said ".... I have not slept so well in 10 years ..." ... and gave me the best compliment - i.e., sent their spouse to have a session with me. VERY FULFILLING as y'all can imagine..

Thank you!
Anish
MindPranaBody LLC
www.MindPranaBody.com
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hey everyone!

I'm the founder of a small boutique music school The Music Box NY based in NYC.

I started off on thumbtack.com years ago back in 2014, and got my first few private students through this service.

I guess I don't quite have a "favorite project" because all my students mean so much to me, but until today, I'm STILL teaching students that I got through Thumbtack.com (that means they've been with me 6 years and counting!), so I guess you could say this is the longest project I've ever taken on in my life, and I'm SO grateful to have been given the opportunity to share my passion for music to kids and adults alike.

I'm sure everyone here knows that the hustle is real. Over the years, my student base grew from 0 to almost 90 (pre-COVID19!) I had to start hiring other teachers when I had too many students to handle. To date, we serve a little over 70 students all across the U.S. I hope this inspires you to follow your dreams and pursue your passions.

All the best and stay safe and healthy.

Practice hard,
Ms Tammy
www.themusicboxny.com
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Greetings my fellow Thumbtackers!

My husband & I had the opportunity to work with an older gentleman, named Robert. He’d been watering his grass by hand for many years now but, so desperately needed an upgrade to make things easier for him.

Fortunately for Robert, his daughter (Stephanie) was helping him out with finding quotes. I remember seeing her original post under “Opportunities”. Shortly after that, I received a message from her as a direct lead. I remember thinking to myself, how nice it would be to get hired for this job, because it was so ideal!

After reading her message, I couldn’t help but want the best deal for her dad. I was super grateful that my husband was able to give such a huge discount, especially for such a big project. They wanted to install new sprinkler system for the front & back yard.

We’ve been using Thumbtack for a year now, & I’ve learned so much! This project was my favorite because it allowed us to humble ourselves & remember that we should take care of those who take care of us! We weren’t bound to the standards of a Fortune 500 company, but we’re able to give such an unbeatable price because we can!

May we push through these unusual times as we serve others with more kindness!

Take care for now,

Pauline Kefu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

TackMaster
TackMaster
Best Answer
When Life Gives You Lemons...Beg For Forgiveness.

This is my poetic attempt to cut to the chase and distill my favorite project into as few words as possible.

BARTENDER JUST STARTS BUSINESS…
Meets bride and mother.
Hit it off, they hire him immediately.
Bartender seems cool under pressure.
Bright idea...
"Let's have him be the wedding coordinator TOO!"
Scared to lose business before ever getting started,
bartender reluctantly agrees, eager to please.

WEDDING DAY…
Bartender in-over-his head.
"Manages" ALL vendors, the bar, and guests at wedding.
Photographer needs to leave early.
Gives "coordinator" [read: frantic bartender] memory card with ALL pictures,
At the special request of the bride.
Bartender knows this is a bad idea.
Accepts anyway.

BARTENDER LOSES MEMORY CARD…
Bartender panics, leaves bar, scours entire property.
Cannot find it, knows he has to come clean.
Bartender tells mother, she's upset.
Let's mother tell bride. She's furious.
Bartender believes he's ruined.

LAST DITCH EFFORT…
Bartender contacts photographer,
luckily has a back-up.
Begs him to edit ALL photos that day.
Bartender somehow convinces him.
Delivers edited photos to family 2 weeks early,
Blows up best picture, frames it, delivers to newlyweds,
All before the close of the next business day.

Bartender and family became close friends and meet up quarterly.
The End.

View picture here... https://ibb.co/9VzPKgW
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer
@adastra @MindPranaBody @themusicboxny @KL @perrysto thank you all for participating in our contest. We loved hearing about your favorite projects!

Congratulations to our winners @adastra and @MindPranaBody! I'll be sending you a private message here shortly to get your mailing address so we can send you your swag.

View solution in original post