Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Natalie
Community Regular

Re: A message from Marco

I'm still using Thumbtack but the website just acting to make more money. It's so disappointing when Thumbtack charge me $50 + for the messages "I'm not interested", "it's not for me", "I'm going a different route". Is it fair to pay that much money for that? For what I'm paying? Also, as clients getting 15 responses from different pros, most of the times they will never choose any to hire.
DannyPhung
Active Community Member

@Natalie, I'm very glad you brought those up! !!!. Thank you.
GraciesGarden
Community Regular

I have been with Thumbtack since the very beginning. Over the past year, my prices tripled. I used to be able to purchase credits once a month. Each quote was the same price. All of the sudden, different requests cost me different prices because Thumbtack thought I'd make more money off of certain weddings, so they wanted a bigger chunk of my profit. Then, I had to pay for each quote individually. Making more purchases on my business account makes my monthly bank fees go up. Now, this newest format costs too much. Up to $15 to send a quote is ridiculous! It would be nice if we had the choice to use the format that worked for us as small business owners. I feel that I have been pushed out, little by little. I'm very unhappy with all of the changes and have stopped sending quotes.
DannyPhung
Active Community Member

@GraciesGarden, I hear you🙏.
0 Kudos
Artistryshop1
Community Regular

I watched the video and unfortunately my gut was right. Marco, maybe you should hear your video. I heard we are interested in getting our customers more opportunities to find a good contractor for the job. I have been your customer as a pro for about four years as a Top Pro. I am a business owner that believed in how Thumback valued their contractors enough to shoot straight with them. The truth is your system works for you and not the small business owner anymore. Your quoting charges are vague at best. I knew what my quotes costed me before. Now it's a shot in the dark. I wonder how many contractors were charged their max on a regular basis, and even asked to increase your budget only to have them take most if not all of that. Something to think about.
dharkins53
Community Newcomer

My biggest issue is with the pricing. I tried the automatic match process, but what I do does not fit a cookie cutter method of sending quotes, as there are too many variables for a one-size-fits-all approach. I look at each request, and evaluate the time, distance, traffic, difficulty of the job, and if it will fit into my schedule, as this platform is not my only source of leads. Then the cost has risen dramatically from when I started here. A simple quote for a piano move was under $4, now it is almost $16! I try to keep my quote amounts low, both to be competitive and to provide a valued service at an affordable price. With the quadruple cost, there was a need to substantially increase the quote amount, even if there is only a charge for people who reply (even if I'm not hired). And now, there are request from customers that, if I reply, then I'm charged, even if they do not hire me. Thumbtack has been good, but at this time only accounts for about 20% of my business.
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

@Natalie if a customer's first and only response is "I'm not interested", "it's not for me", or "I'm going a different route" you shouldn't be getting charged. If this isn't the case, I want to look into your account and get you taken care of. Go ahead and send me a PM with your account email address and the names of the customers and I'll take a look. 

JanDHM
Community Regular

Yes, Thumbtack has been very good about that. I can attest to that being a strength. Even when I got angry and blasted away at the thing out of frustration, they stayed calm and treated me with respect. Most of the time when I complained of being inaccurately charged, it was reversed. Every system has glitches. We get that. Still, the price is too high for quotes that are not highly qualified leads...mostly tire-kickers who don'treally even know what they want.

EH
Community Newcomer

That is very true JanDHN -  I tried it as a customer as well to get electrician and painters, and I was overwhelmed on the customer end.  I decided not to choose until I am completely ready.

On the Pro-Side - I am with the overwhelming majority on the board.

It makes no sense to spend time sending quotes.  There are 15 to 20 other pros - quotes are not as customized,

and business of course is not what it used to be.  

I can't imagine who the advisors are for this step.  I can't imagine this strategy can last very long.

I imagine there will be a video coming out soon with a reversal to the former way of doing things.

Metro2016
Community Regular

Look into mine as well . I was charged for someone telling me they we not interested last week !! Guess what your customer service department texted me when I asked about a refund and their respons was simply we put customer and pro together it’s your responsibility to get the job . Go back and review it and give me my money back !!