Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Vensent
Active Community Member

Re: A message from Marco

I got charged when a customer told me they were not the decision maker.   That was not even a customer but just someone gathering info.  fishing,  I hate to pay for people just fishing around for prices and info and not even in the market.   Oh and I disputed it and guess what the response was.  No it is valid charge.   very frustrated. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Vensent I want to look into this charge and get a better idea about what's going on. Can you send me a private message with your account email address and the name of the customer? 

0 Kudos
Deborah306
Active Community Member

Meckell,  I do feel like no one is listening. I am a Top Pro Editor who has not been able to secure a job since July. I had no problems with the old system. I sometimes had several jobs at once. One thing that is screwing me up totally regarding quoting is that the request form does not ask the customer for an approximate (or exact)  WORD COUNT. Instead you have ranges that are quite vast. Therefore in order to give a quote I have to ask the customer in a reply, "what is your approximate word count?"  Then I am charged when they merely answer that question!!! That is not fair. I can't give a price without it. I can give an hourly rate but that doesn't tell them how many hours they'll be charged for. I put Need More Info and then ask, then I get charged if they answer and they don't respond to my next reply. PLEASE JUST GO AHEAD AND FIX THE REQUEST FORM. I do think the rate you are charging for quoting is too high but at least as a first step, start here! I've already said this a number of times and no one appears to be listening.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Metro2016 can you send me a private message with the name of the customer? I'm more than happy to look into this for you!

0 Kudos
BodyByBijhan
Community Regular

I did just that. I got charged for a bogus inquiry on a quote that shouldn’t of been sent anyways. The customer ( if he’s even real) was from Reno, I’m in Carson city. I’d never send a quote to someone there. And because some nimrod replied back to call him on a bogus phone number I got charged $15.00!?!? So I emailed suppport wanting a refund they said “ let me take a look”. Then said “ did you call the customer?”. What??? Of course I did!! “ Well we suggest you keep trying to contact him”. I didn’t want to contact him in first place no quote should have been sent to him 40 miles away!!!!!!! No refund and last of my money you’ll steal. Been with you since the beginning. 9 years Ago. 

Moderator Meckell

@BodyByBijhan I want to see what's going on. Requests shouldn't be getting sent outside of your travel preferences so I definitely want to make sure we get things straightened out to prevent this from happening again in the future. If you send me a DM with the name of the customer, I'll take a look and get you taken care of. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DannyPhung
Active Community Member

@Meckell, if a customer viewed my quote and "pass on my quote" will I got charge for it???
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DannyPhung great question! You're only charged for a response so if they just view your quote or pass on it, you won't be charged Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Natalie
Community Regular

@Meckell

Sure, will do. What about the situations when friends/family of bride and groom looking for a photographer for the couple and they even don't know if the couple already found a pro? And then they say 'oops they went with their original photographer'. Why should I pay +-$50  for somebody research which nobody needed? Or another situation when I sent all info and several links tp my portfolio and albums and the bride or groom messaging me 'where I can see your portfolio?' But I already sent all the links! And minus $50 from my budget for that question!.. Or bride wanted also a video included but they didn't put that information, they just were looking for a photographer. And after they asking if I have video included in the price which is obviously NOT, I'm JUST a photographer, they didn't ask for a video in their info! And I also pay for that question... 

Moderator Meckell

Hi @Natalie we handle these on a case by case basis as every situation is a little different. I definitely am willing to look into these for you though. Send me a DM with examples and I'll look into it and get you more info! 

0 Kudos