Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
DCFGCatering
Active Community Member

Re: A message from Marco

We have offically moved on from Thumbtack based on these visnoary changes.  Business has fallen off dramtically just when we put ourselves in a position to work harder on thumbtack.  We had increased our range and bought a bigger kitchen.  Then you go and make these wild changes and literally ruin our business.  A business mind you that was born from thumbtack when I took a gamble and joined 4 years ago.

Sad how far you have fallen.

Hope you guys get it together because we are a big fish. 

I cant imagine the little fish....

missyj09
Active Community Member

TT is relying on the "little fish" now.  The people that have just started and will do anything to get new business, but in all reality, TT is getting bites from the bigger fish too.   There are Franchise companies in my trade that can afford to bid a job at a low ball price and those are the ones that are bidding.  Unfortunately for the customers, they actually accept these extremely low prices and hire these franchises, getting exactly what they pay for, an exceptionally poor quality of cleaning.  Some of the franchises that bid on TT have several litigation cases against them from the franchisees because of their ridiculous contractual policies stating that by the time the franchise low ball bids an account, the franchisee makes pennies on the dollar after all the franchise fees are paid.  

0 Kudos
Hopeandfaith405
Community Newcomer

Thank you Marco for your message. I have found more success with the new method then before. To all the pro's. You can not rely only on thumbtack for all your leads. We use many platforms and have found success with this method. Thank you Thumbtack!
BradBaldwin
Active Community Member

Great for you, and yes it's nice to use mutiple methods of finding customers, but for some like me Thumbtack was the best thing there was.  I am curious how much more your quotes prices from Thumbtack have gone up @Hopeandfaith405

Moderator Meckell

@Hopeandfaith405 I'm so happy to hear this, congrats on the success you're finding! Do you have any tips for other pros or any advice? I'm sure everyone here on the Community would love to hear it Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Frito1955
Community Newcomer

You mentioned wanting to give the customers more of what they want, well the lack of transparency in pricing, the new " budget " process and the spiraling costs put us in a precarious spot. We bid less- cost based; customers get less responses- " budget " based and we all LOOSE !!
Don't try to be the other guys. Be who you were. Been here a while. Even promoted Thumbtack vs others.
I'm hoping for better days instead of the demise of a good company.
Kenny
YOU NAILED IT
Memphis

emu1975
Community Regular

Your instant Match does not work for me.  My business has dropped to nothing and in fact cost me.  The people responded to my quotes will say, "when are you available", or i am going another route.   This ends up costing me more than before, plus not getting he job. This instant match is a joke!  From the reviews to Marco I have read , they are in agreement.  Looks like I am going to have to try another venue, because this is not working for me.  Before the change I was doing great, now I am doing no business!

Jerry

Highlighted
DannyPhung
Active Community Member

, I also have the same issue as your. I was charged for a questions like "when are you available", "what is your next available" or "I love to chat" and when I reply they didn't response. Sometimes it makes me wonder are those real customers?
Moderator Meckell

@emu1975 I want to hear your feedback on Instant Match and why it specifically isn't working for you. Can you send me a private message with your thoughts and suggestions? I'd love to hear you out. 

0 Kudos
Deborah306
Active Community Member

I've quit quoting and I've been with you since 2011 and top pro editor since 2015. You're not listening to us. You can't possibly be listening. Read these messages!  I've read the messages and written many. Quotes are far far from free. They have broken the budgets of most of us. Two months without a hire when it never was a problem before. Editors would race to get their quotes in. No customers going hungry there. It's really annoying to see you say quotes are free and then triple the price of them and charge the many of us who answer the customer when only 1 person in god knows (no only you know I guess) how many went out. I've had exchanges with customers who can't make up their minds because they're confused, or overwhelmed. Five quotes was working quite well. It seems everyone in this commuity is complaining. You're losing a lot of good pros. The changes are a disaster and I'm sure I'm not the only one amazed that you haven't seen that.