Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
missyj09
Active Community Member

Re: A message from Marco

You are forgetting that if the customer didn't respond within 48 hours, we got our money/credits back, but keep trying to, maybe one of your bosses will come up with a script that actually makes sense.  I really feel for all you moderators.

Moderator Meckell

@missyj09 I just wanted to clarify. In the past, if the customer didn't view your quote within 48 hours, you would get refunded. So for example; if they viewed your quote before that 48-hour mark, but didn't respond, you wouldn't be refunded. That doesn't apply now because you aren't even charged until the customer responds to you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
missyj09
Active Community Member

that isn't how you worded it in your original comment.  I have been with thumbtack since 2014.  I know exactly how it worked.  I would quote 10 jobs at an average of $5, that's $50, and if 2 of those people didn't look at my quote, I got $10 back, so it was $40 to quote total, now I got hired by 4 of those people to clean their house at $150 per clean, that is a profit of $560.  because only 5 people could bid the job and I was the lucky person out of 5 to get it.   Now to quote 10 jobs, it's an average of $30 per quote, which comes to $300, lets say now only 5 of those people respond with the instant match, I have now paid $150, and maybe only get hired by 1 person wanting their house cleaned which low and behold runs around $150.  I have made absolutely no money.  because now I my profession has been  out to 15 people and I didn't stand a chance becaue I don't use instant match.  I am sure this is going to be modified because I used a word that doesn't meet your standards, but so be it.  Thumbtack doesn't meet my standards so I don't really care.  I am now just here to keep digging my heels in like the rest of the pros.  Cant you people see that your system is only working for Marco.  Open your eyes, wake up and smell the coffee or use whatever cliche you want to use, but someone better do it quick.  

Jason38
Community Regular

Wrong. Refunds were givin after 48 hours if there was no response.
0 Kudos
Frito1955
Community Newcomer

Yea,

They've lost the vision.........

Frito1955

RP
Community Regular

I totally agree. So far TT is only lining it's pockets with the experience I have had. Therefore, at this time I am boycotting TT until they provide what it will cost me ahead of time if a client does contact me.

dandehao
Community Regular

hello, it amazing to get payment for quote responses, when u know that is all i got, Responses of quote and some one actually won the contract and also got charged, not just for the quote response but many others for the same quote response of just one contract that would be won by only one person. its a total rip off. so in the end one request for a quote and the response to the quote makes you so much money to the disadvantage of the person seeking the contact and the person who gets the contact altogether.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @RP did you see the pricing update that we announced a couple weeks ago? If you didn't you can see it here. Now all pros will be able to see how much it will cost them when a customer contacts them before they decide to send a quote. Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
Kdcatering
Community Regular

You make it so I can see it's going to cost over $60 to quote. Tt haven't you noticed our customers are not requesting quotes now? I used to get several leads a day now I'm lucky to get 3 a week. What's up?
0 Kudos
JoeB131
Active Community Member

@Meckell yes, we can see the quotes now, but that just means I pass on more of them.   Right now, you are charging $16.09 to quote on a resume writing job that nets me maybe $60.00.   That would ALMOST be economical if everyone I quoted actually hired me.  

Just going back to the first of October, I did 10 quotes that were responded to by customers.  Of those, 5 hired me... the other five were just tire-kicking...  So I ened up spending $160.00 for about $300.00 of work.  And again, I'm a top pro, with 300+ hires and 140 positive reviews.  

The better solution would be to ONLY charge the pro if he or she gets hired, not contacted.   Or make the price of sending a quote so cheap that you can absorb the tire-kickers.