Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Cpetersen
Community Regular

Re: A message from Marco

Hello,

The cost of using Thumbtack is way up, I am not able to customize my profile as I would want to, such as: We also take checks, We do offer after hours service but at a higher price. We want to show all of our license numbers as we have several licenses, which shows a higher level of professionalism to potential clients. It would also be nice to have ability to have pictures and names of staff in a seperate area so people know who is coming and who to expect will show up at there door. We want the ability of knowing the cost per customer to aquire them, right now I have no idea. If your charging me $20.00 for a responce that I may or many not get. How do I make any money on this job when we charge $98.00? $98.00 seams like a lot but take in to account, Licenses, Business insurance, bonds, workmans comp, Unemployment, vehicle insurance, van expences, phone service, email, etc. It leaves me with less than $20.00 per hour. I like Thumbtack and customers over all have been great based on our 4.9 review score.  I would prefer a pre-set cost per responce like it use to be or a flat monthly fee. 

Chris

Petersen Electric, LLC.

Minneapolis, Minnesota