Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
DannyPhung
Active Community Member

Re: A message from Marco

@JanDHM I'm with you. Thumbtacks came up with Instant Match so they can send a quote to many pro and for each quote charge us higher than before. I was disappointed.
Frito1955
Community Newcomer

I had forgotten......there was a time where the # of Pros was limited to 5.  If you didn't get off your butt, you lost out and the customer ONLY got 5 responses, not more.

We also had to work harder to get the customer what they wanted; quicker beacuse of the healthy competition and in a effort to serve the customer.  Which is the very reason we all exist !!!!!!!!

Frito1955

CMartinez2018
Active Community Member

@Frito1955, I could not agree more. Before the Service Seeker received 5 quotes from Pro's most on their game that day. They received a quotation from a Pro that had read their projects specs and evaluated the fit for their services. Those Pros were best engaged and prepared to help them at that particular moment.  Here is a laugh ( or cry ),  I once had so many projects going on from Thumbtack leads I would avoid quoting new ones until I could catch up! Those days are long gone and I think TT leadership are victims of the own success.

Competition was good for business in those days. Competition is always good.  I think its a generational difference of opinion.  The quotation experience has been reduced to just a crap shoot for the service seeker with 15 quotes sent out for every project. How many would even LOOK at that many quotes? I wouldn't. What it does do is take the pool of Pros to potentially charge for lead services from 5 to 15. Since a service seeker might only reach out ( that's an entirely different conversation what "reach out" means ) to a limited few Pros, they had to radically raise the price for leads.  That leaves a whole lotta Pro's on the outside looking in for no fault of their own. 

Frito1955
Community Newcomer

@CMartinez2018, here we go......5 - 15 Pros send quotes = $75 if 15 Pros @ just $5 a quote.    Now I'm charged $75 for the same quote ( originally approx. $10 or so ).  What's the justification ??  Where's the money going ??  I'd gladly pay $15 for this lead and if 4 more Pros ( if limited to 5 quotes to a customer ) would = $75.  I was raised when there was simple math and this is just that........

I had the same issue with having to put myself on " vacation " because I needed to catch up.  Life was good with the program and everyone benefitted.  No way the new charges are justifiable unless TT has visions of Grandeur they don't want to share.......

nevermind that, a good thing is going bad.  You're suffering, I'm suffering and of all things, the customer is going to leave the site because of TT's lost vision !!!!

Frito1955

Moderator Meckell

@Frito1955 one thing to keep in mind is that not all customers contact all 15 pros who send them a quote. Yes, they want more options, so that's why we allow more pros to quote. We made this change for pros too as we heard a lot of feedback saying that they wanted more opportunities to get in front of customers. 

You're completely right that prices have gone up. But what else has changed is what you're paying for. You used to pay for every single quote, even if a customer didn't respond, it wasn't as valuable as it is now. We're still making changes to our pricing structure and we'd love to hear your thoughts on pricing for your service in your area. Send your suggestions here and it will get sent directly to our Product Team. 

0 Kudos
CMartinez2018
Active Community Member

@Meckell - I have to take you to task on this response. "We made this change for pros too as we heard a lot of feedback.." Feedback where and how? I follow a few forums and I have never been posed that question. In this case, we are approaching 90 responses of REAL feedback. Who arrived at the notion "they" the service seeker, needed more options? Previously you had 5 qualified and motivated Pros ready to do the project. My customers were very happy and so were the majority of the other Pro's customers. I didn't mind investing in each lead, purchasing a credit package because I had a formula for success. The process was calculated. You reference "value" in your response? Are quotes more valuable now? Pro's don't even KNOW what we are quoting until you have charged our bank accounts. How in the name of all things big and small is that value? 

I get you are doing your job and trying to appear attentive. E for effort for sure to the moderators.  I mentioned "canned" answers from staff and I think @JasonB had som about that. Honestly, I said that because these responses make no sense. You reference things that arbitrary and ask Pro's to accept them as truths. Here is a truth, once successful Pro's are dying on the vine in droves on your new system. There is lots of data to back that truth.

Moderator Meckell

@CMartinez2018 Pros leave feedback in our Suggestion Box, and when they contact any of our support channels and give us feedback, we always note it. Yes, quotes are more valuable now because you're only getting charged for responses rather than sending a quote and wondering if you'll ever hear from the customer. Now, pros do know the cost of the contact before they send the quote. To see this, you just need to select on the request details and click on "Learn More" the price will pop right up. 

I won't try and argue that there are pros who aren't happy with some of our recent changes and I'm happy you're all voicing your opinions here. One thing to remember is that changes take time and we're working day in and day out to continue to make the right changes to the platform to get pros in front of new customers. Keep sharing your feedback and if you have any concerns or even questions about your account, I'm happy to help. Send me a private message at any time! 

0 Kudos
BNG1
Active Community Member

@Meckell In the old system if the customer doesn't open the quote for 48 hours we get a refund on the credit. 

If Customer is not opening all 15 then why are you sending them to 15? There is no way anyone can justify the jump from 5 to 15. If customers wanted more option may be from 5 to 7 is an acceptable increase but from 5 to 15 is pure greed. 

You Said "We made this change for pros too as we heard a lot of feedback saying that they wanted more opportunities to get in front of customers" and on other hand,s you said this "one thing to keep in mind is that not all customers contact all 15 pros" You see the gap here? 

"You're completely right that prices have gone up. But what else has changed is what you're paying for" - You right, we used to pay $5 per lead now we are paying $75-$100 per lead. 

"You used to pay for every single quote, even if a customer didn't respond, it wasn't as valuable as it is now." - With the credit system, we used to only pay if the customer opens our quotes, if it is not opened we get a refund. As per your own comment that not all customers contact all Pros, I don't see a reason to pay $75-$100 a lead where customer opens up the quote and tells us sorry we are going in other direction. 

Moderator Meckell

@BNG1That’s right, you did get refunded if they didn’t view your quote, but since you’re only charged for responses, that doesn’t apply anymore. Customers can open and view all the quotes but pros aren’t charged until there’s a response sent. The cost is higher because if the customer messages you, it shows a higher form of interest, meaning they’re more likely to hire you.

If the first response is a “no thank you” or “sorry we are going in other direction.” you shouldn’t be getting charged. If this isn’t the case and you’ve gotten charged for these responses, I want to make sure you get taken care of. Send me a private message with the names of the customers you were charged for and I’ll take a look

0 Kudos
BNG1
Active Community Member

No, I don't have a higher chance of getting hired as I was spending $5 a lead to compete against 4 other Pros.

Now I have to spend $75-$100 range to compete against 14 other pros. 

that's $1.25 (at $5/lead) vs. $5.357 (at $75/lead) cost difference. 

Based on your current model I will pay more for less probability of getting hired. Plus you forgot to factor the budget. I will be bidding against 14 Pros without even knowing if the customer can afford my service. So if they view my quote, writes back to me asking "Why are you charging so much where others are offering 1/3 price" I will not only be reaching out to a wrong customer but now I am down $75 bucks. 

Thank you but no thank you.