Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Moderator Meckell

Re: A message from Marco

@JoeB131 you are very successful on Thumbtack and I want you to continue to utilize us to get connected to new customers. I understand why you're frustrated about the cost. We are constantly re-evaluating pricing and your feedback is more beneficial than you know. Keep it coming! 

0 Kudos
Deborah306
Active Community Member

I've written this already a million times. The request form for editors needs to have an exact or at least approximate WORD COUNT so we can give a quote!  We can't give a quote on a 20,000 word range! So we have to ask and then we get charged when they answer without any kind of commitment. And you're sending too many quotes to the clients. And you're just charging waaayyy too much. And it's not "OKAY" that we're frustrated. You misled us with the idea that quotes were free and you made a lot of money on us last month and very few of us got anywhere near the results we were getting before. We're really upset!!! And it's not "okay."

DannyPhung
Active Community Member

@Deborah306. I absolutely agreed. The quote is way higher than before. I end up paid more with Instant Match.
missyj09
Active Community Member

I feel sorry for you moderators.  You have a script you have to read from, offering absolutely no help or solutions to these issues.  Marco's videos are only a band-aide for the giant wound he has created.  So here is what I feel needs to be said to Marco.  Fix the problem, you created it.   Stop price gauging all the pro's, maybe even charge a small fee for the prospects so that they will not put up a maybe job only for us to rush to the finish line and get absolutely no prize.    Marco seems like a smart guy, so he should know that if all of these people decide to take their complaints off of the TT community and actually start putting them out there for all to see, just like the NFL, Thumbtack is going to tank and in the long run spend more money trying to build it's reputation back up.  

Maybe he should actually listen to the pros and find a happy median price.  I really don't know how he gets his pricing in the first place.  Demographics play a big role in pricing, so a one size fits all price doesn't work in any professional service field.  It's not like going out and buying a plain t-shirt, there are plenty of variables in house cleaning, office cleaning, painting, photograghy, cooking, construction, etc.  There are hardly any jobs I can put an exact quote on without first seeing the area that needs to be serviced, but yet you want us to do that.  Maybe you should put an appointment setting on there, instead of requesting a price, the prospect can request your company information and set an appointment to see the area.  Now that I wouldn't mind paying for, not the price that you people are charging, but at least it's closer to a sure thing than what TT is offering now.   And stop turning all the jobs into a bidding war against all the pros.  5 contacts were plenty, may the best man/woman with the fastest fingers win.  Sending one job out to 13-15 pros is just pure greed.  

JanDHM
Community Regular

I agree with you that people need to get quotes fast. But fast often translates to inaccurate or a poor match. I had a great year last year before Instant Match and "free to quote" came into play. Those may work for some types of businesses, but mural painting is highly specialized, each artist having their own style and content they are willing to depict and a necessarily complex pricing structure. For example, I do not paint copyrighted images like Spiderman. Although many artists do...it is still infringement. Instant Match cannot possibly screen for those. ...and there are a LOT of them. It really only takes a few minutes for me to send a custom quote. I am very glad that you still allow this, though the price is becoming prohibitive. The return is diminishing, not because people aren't willing to wait for a quality answer, but because you've trained the public to believe they will get an instant quote every time. I had way better success before.
Tpt_1002
Community Regular

The people looking for a PRO are not Thumbtack's customers...they are the  Pro's customer if the Pro is hired. YOUR customer, Marco, is the PRO! A customer is someone who pays you for the product or service you offer. PRO's pay you, someone seeking the Pro is NOT Thumbtack's customer. In your video you keep referring to the people looking for a product or sevice as "thumbtack's customer". And you are very concerned about them. WE, the PRO's are your customer and I did not feel the love for us in your video. In my opinion, you need to re-evaluate this and adjust your thinking and thereby, your buiness plan, in order to understand and fully recognize who your customer is. I used to love Thumbtack. No longer...

Until things change for the better for this PRO, I am no longer using Thumbtack to find business.

BNG1
Active Community Member

Tpt_1002 Great points here, Thumbtack is working for people looking to get service on this platform but charging us Pros to make a profit. If your changes are in view of customers (Pro's customers) why not charge them?  

EH
Community Newcomer

I thought I was the only one who found this change to be for the worse.

Smuhammad32
Community Newcomer

In the beginning you focused on making the pros successful which makes everyone successful. Now your focus is double the competition, triple the cost and make thumbtack more money while hurting the people that's been with you from the beginning.

FrMike
Community Newcomer

Reason:  Unreasonable and unjustifiable way to pay for a quote and not knowing how much it will cost me.  Plus paying to respond to a simple yes or no "If I am available".  Sorry, this is not for me.  Therefore I go elsewhere until it is changes.