Congratulations to our January 2020 Class of Top Pros

Community Veteran
39 112 6,626

We’re excited to announce the Top Pro Class of January 2020, and to celebrate this important accomplishment as a community!

Top Pros, please introduce yourself by replying to this thread with the name of your business, where you're based, and your #1 tip for becoming a Top Pro, so that other pros can learn from your success. 

Whether it's your first time in the Pro Community or if you've been here for awhile, we want to let you know that we've got big plans for 2020: 

We’re hosting VIP dinners in select cities to bring together Top Pros, key members of local communities, and Thumbtack leadership. Keep an eye out for an email invite to see if we’re coming to a city near you.

We’re also revamping our online community to build more opportunities for pro-to-pro learning and connection, so be sure to check back in for updates as we get closer to March.

Congratulations again and welcome to the Thumbtack Pro Community!

112 responses
Community Newcomer
Hi I’m Myron owner of Freshworks Cleaning Service in Connecticut. One tip of being a top pro is being consistent all across the board.
Community Newcomer

Hi,

Paul here with Get Moving Home and Office our os Scottsdale, AZ. COngratulations to all!

Community Newcomer

Yes,a hearty congratulations to all for a job well done, here is a place where tgood works and professional work ethic is rewarded,, looking forward to another great year

Community Newcomer

HI!

I am the owner of Events By Tyler located in Petaluma, Ca - Northern California! I plan, coordinate, consult and manage parties, weddings, corporate events and more all over the Bay Area. I am currently looking to expand into the Ashland, Oregon area in the next year.

Excited to be a top pro! I am vigilant about checking my account and responding to inquiries...even on vacation!

Community Newcomer
Sue Kuehl Sunrise Chapel Des Moines
Congratulations to all Top Pros for January 2020! Each wedding is unique and very individual.
Community Regular
Hello Everyone, I'm Chef Christina, Owner of The Exotic Chef Catering Company located in Washington DC. It is such a please meeting you all. My best advice on becoming a top pro is, you should definitely be responsive and super professional when contacting a client. Kudos!!
Community Newcomer

Hello fellow top pros.  I run a catering business focusing on small to medium sized events where traditional caterers are either disinterested or overpriced.  I acheived top pro status by having consistently great reviews (39 out of 40 5-stars) and by being responsive.  I think timeliness of response is weighted very heavily on Thumbtack.  Not coincidentally, I find my odds of getting the business are much higher if I respond before my competitors.  Tom

Community Newcomer
Congrats to all, I’m grateful to be in this class......
Community Regular
Hi I’m Lilly CEO of Transformation Time With Lilly. I’m excited to be here. Thank you for honoring our commitment to the communities we serve. I believe that the reason I was able to become a top pro in six months was because of the principles of success I hold myself to. This principle in particular is the success principle of going the extra mile. When it comes to my clients I give of my time and talents with with gratitude, I know my clients have options. But I do my best to ensure that My clients feel they made the best choice. It’s not my worry whether they appreciate it or not. I’m just grateful to have experienced time with them. Thank you again.
Lilly
Transformation Time With Lilly
Community Newcomer

Hi events by tyler.  Nice to meet you.  I am a caterer just up the road in Santa Rosa.  Have a great 2020 and let me know if I can ever be of service.  Chef Tom Pace

Community Newcomer
Hey, I'm Tom from Ebenezer General Contractor based in Natick, Ma. One tip of being a top pro is to be professional at all cost.
Community Newcomer
My Name is Jose, I’m the owner of Zombies of all Trades LLC . I operate out of AZ . (Scottsdale, Phoenix, Chandler , Mesa and most of the west valley .) I specialize in Appliances installations with some plumbing, electrical, and carpentry to help get the hard/tricky installation done .

Tip . Be attentive to incoming leads . Be courteous with people’s time and money. Provide the best customer service possible. I have found that it helps to be clear with people on what work will be done and what the price will be. No one likes to be hit with a surprise bill.
Community Newcomer
Hi there! Eduardo here from Maid4U San Francisco - CA. Congratulations for everyone!
Community Newcomer
Thank you so much it was a pleasure I have really enjoyed my experience with thumbtack.
Community Newcomer
Hi Congratulations to all top pros! My name is Rebeca I am a bilingual (Spanish) non denominational Minister/Officiant in the San Francisco and surrounding Bay Area.
I second EventsByTyler! Being vigilant, responding and reviews are crucial!
Community Newcomer
Hey, this is Arsen with Arsen’s TV Mounting! Congratulations to all! Very excited to be a part of the Top Pro Community! My tip for being successful is to make a job your hobby!
Active Community Member
Hello Top Pros, my name is Jerry I am the owner of Gaddy Heating and Air and this our full first year with thumbtack and we are honored to be in this top pro class. We value our customer concerns and responses to customers as soon as possible always help. Congratulations to all and look forward to a great year.
Community Regular

Good Afternoon Top Pros January 2020

Bert Gives from Gives on the Go Moblie Notary Services

Thank You to all the Top Pros across the country doing a public a great service as

Notary Public.

Keep up the Good Work to all the Top Pros and make 2020 a Great Year!!

Regards

Bert Gives, jr

Community Newcomer
Thanks you so much for the Congratulations Thumbtack!!! I am Karl, owner of DJ KD Services AKA DJKDURDJ i work hard to get where I am at today and once again I wanna thank you Thumbtack for helping build up my business and my clientele keep my customers coming in 2020 DJ KD Services/ Karl!!!
Community Newcomer
Hi this is Noel with Noel's Piano and Violin Studio, hailing from Dayton, OH. One of my tips would be to require payment in advance for any type of music lessons. It's more professional and reliable.
Community Newcomer
Hello everyone. Jim here representing Bad Axe Handyman in San Antonio Texas! The secret to being a top pro is in the name... Professional.
Community Regular
This is Matt Lovejoy with Lovejoy Imaging in Salt Lake City, UT. Congratulations to all! My tip is to always be authentic with your customers. This means responding quickly with personalized messages. Sometimes I’ll send a potential client a short video of me expressing my desire to work with them. These little things go a long way!
Community Newcomer
Very true! A video introduction is an awesome! I went to a Facebook event where they definitely said videos are the new streaming concept for businesses in 2020!
Community Newcomer

Congrats all- Soham from SocratIQ here, provide SAT/ACT tutoring and college admissions services in the Bay Area. Most important thing IMO is spending time understanding the customer's challenges and ideal solution. The more time I spend doing this up front, the more cost and time effective it is for the customer, boosting their satisfaction

Community Newcomer
Awesome to find out I made Top Pro 2020. So exciting, my name is Veronica Valentino and my business is Veronica Valentino Photography which is based out of Northeast Philadelphia PA. And, my #1 Tip to my clients is making them #1 being assertive and dedicated in giving them the most amazing experience to get my job done and making sure that they are satisfied. In the end it is my integrity and my name out there.

Community Regular

Congrats everyone! I know its not easy to work as hard as well all do, so kudos! 

I am Renee and Owner of Strange Events (Wedding Planning, Coordination, Barteding and Event Staff) 

We are from Maine and travel all of Maine and NH!  

Being professional, organized and consistant with all of my quotes, emails, phone calls, etc. is how I handle my business! All with a friendly, can-do attitude! 

Community Regular
Congrats everyone! Try try try. Work hard every day. Try something new. Answer that phone. Be different!
Erin the dog whisperer Dog Sitting
Las Vegas
I work holidays!
Community Regular

Top pro for the 6th year in a row and I just with TT would do more for its Top Pros like giving us discounted quoting

-Please fix the pricing in catering (NYC prices please)

Community Newcomer

Hello, my name is Benjamin, cofounder of a massage therapy business in Hudson Wisconsin called one love Healing Arts. I'm glad to be here as a top pro finally. My recommendation for Thumbtack users is to go for the long range. If you responded to several customers and they end up not booking a service with you, stick with it because eventually someone always does. And don't be discouraged by the fees, because when people do use your service it ends up being more beneficial than the amount you paid for advertising. So I guess what I'm saying is be patient and analyze the long-term not short-term.

Community Newcomer
Wow Thank you! Kristina from Simply Klean by Kristina. Servicing Northern California from Sacramento, Bay area, foothills to the mountains. I am honored and excited to be a Top Pro!! Thank you so much!!!
Community Newcomer
Pacific Pros Hauling and Junk Removal we are based out of Hayward CA and we respond quickly and provide excellent service for a hard to beat price. Happy 2020 Thumbtackers
Community Newcomer
Hey my name is Darren Shallowhorn and I am a professional Mover and Junk Remover. I am located in Washington D.C. area, while also travelling throughout Maryland and Virginia. One tip that is valuable to becoming a top pro is being Respectful, Responsible, Determined, and Hardworking.
Community Newcomer
Kevin here with FLC Pest Solutions in Chicago. Congrats everyone who made the list. Respond fast and keep doing your best is the best advice I can give, it’s not easy in a world where people typically go online to complain so great job everyone!
Community Newcomer

Tax and Business Solutions is the name of my business. We are located in Houston TX. My tip is that I listen carefully the client.

Community Newcomer
Hey everyone my names Ryan and I’m a person trainer. Ive currently been an independent contractor for about 10 years. My success comes from my personality with people and my ability to sell myself as someone you can count on.
Community Regular
Congratulations to all top pros in 2020. I am glad to be part of the Thumbtack family. My name is Michael DeFelice and I am a Wedding Officiant in the NJ, NY& PA area. My best suggestion for success is to always give professional customer service, always listen to their needs, and Respond Quickly to what they want. I wish you all a great 2020.
Michael
Community Newcomer
Hi I am Ed Ridenbaugh and I am the owner of All County Professional Driving and Transportation LLC Located in Youngstown, Ohio. My key to success is responding to all inquiries within a very short and I mean short period of tone. Customers appreciate a quick response and it allows me to build a working relationship with the client and gain their trust. I love this app and it supplies me with 90% of all off my business...
Community Newcomer

Thanks for the 2020 Top Pro badge. Getting back to our clients and following up with them is the key to being successful. 

Community Newcomer
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all on being a 2020 Top Pro. I am Wedding DJ out of the Philadelphia area. I try to separate myself from other entertainers by letting potential clients experience my warm and fun personality. Customers like to feel comfortable you are capable of leading there wedding with a professional flare.

Much success to everyone in 2020

Deverin Glenn
DLG Entertainment
Community Newcomer
Hi,
My name is Michael Ford and I own Liquid on Wheels. A mobile bartending service. The best advice is to just be consistent and customer friendly.
Active Community Member
Hey everyone! I’m a new Top Pro, my name is Caroline and I own R.A.J. Resume Services, based in New York.

My #1 tip to becoming a Top Pro is to anticipate your clients needs as best as you can- and always ask for a review!
Community Newcomer

Thank you Drew,

Hello everyone.  My name is Anthony Foggia, and I am a wedding officiant.  Clients really appreciate prompt responses to their inquiries.  To facilitate this, I have pre-written emails which can easily be copied and pasted, allowing me to respond to clients in seconds.  I alter each one a bit, adding information unique to the job (like dates, times, names and locations).  My emails are written in a conversational tone so that they match the way I speak when meeting with clients.  My profile also links to my website which displays photos, reviews, audio and video files.  All of this lets the clients feel as if they know me a bit before we even speak.  I always offer extras to clients like free pre-wedding meetings, ceremonies in various languages, and custom made decorative certificates of marriage, also in various languages.  Politeness is also essential in all situations.  I hope this advice helps others to grow their businesses.  

Community Newcomer
Manny Petty and the Heart Makers is honored to have made the Top Pro List for the second time! Our best piece of advice is the always thank people for contacting you and to not be afraid to ask for reviews.
Community Regular
Hello I’m Charles Carter owner of Dj Yella entertainment and I would like to say congratulations to my 2020 top pro colleagues and wish everyone success for this year. It’s tough but keep pushing and we will be back in 2021!
Sincerely
Charles Carter
Dj Yella entertainment
Community Regular
Hey fellow Top Pros. I’m Ollie B Lashley, Owner and Founder of TLF SERVICES based in Chicago, IL. Always A Pleasure to receive this honor, year after year. I dedicate my time and effort to this 7days a Week. It’s a very refreshing feeling to constantly be acknowledged. Much Appreciated and Forever Grateful for this precious opportunity Thumbtack has provided..My tip will be to not cut corners, have passion for each and every project/client no matter how big or small. Keep A Positive Attitude and Be Fair and Transparent. Thanks Again To Thumbtack and Well Wishes on A Very Special Year to everyone on the platform.... Keep Up the Good Work!!! LETS GO 2020!!!
Active Community Member
I second those best practices you mentioned also Manny keep up the amazing work...
I believe this is my 8th time.making the list now myself congratulations!
Community Newcomer

On behalf of Manny Petty & The Heart Makers we are happy to make the Top Pro List for the 2nd time! Our best piece of advice is to always thank people for contacting you and dont' be afraid to ask for reviews. 

Community Newcomer

Hi

My name is Michael

I am a licensed Massage Therapist and owner of European Sports Massage LLC

Keep on keeping on...one client at a time ! it takes time ,persistence and Quality bodywork as well as a positive approach to life .

Limitations in the physical realm are only temporary and if given the attention required often dissolve into a higher level of fitness

Community Regular
Congratulations, Top Pros! I am owner of Je Crois Beauty! Makeup artist and Hairstylist for all occasions. My tip is to be attentive with your incoming leads and give good customer service. Once job is completed ask for the reviews!
Community Newcomer

Great work everyone...and good luck growing your business in 2020.

My formula for success on Thumbtack starts with standing out to my customer base by providing the most comprehensive profile that strikes a chord with every conceivable client.  Craft a great message that resonates with everyone and your calendar will fill up.  Cheers