Congratulations to our January 2020 Class of Top Pros

Community Veteran
39 112 9,295

We’re excited to announce the Top Pro Class of January 2020, and to celebrate this important accomplishment as a community!

Top Pros, please introduce yourself by replying to this thread with the name of your business, where you're based, and your #1 tip for becoming a Top Pro, so that other pros can learn from your success. 

Whether it's your first time in the Pro Community or if you've been here for awhile, we want to let you know that we've got big plans for 2020: 

We’re hosting VIP dinners in select cities to bring together Top Pros, key members of local communities, and Thumbtack leadership. Keep an eye out for an email invite to see if we’re coming to a city near you.

We’re also revamping our online community to build more opportunities for pro-to-pro learning and connection, so be sure to check back in for updates as we get closer to March.

Congratulations again and welcome to the Thumbtack Pro Community!

112 responses
Community Newcomer
Hello Top Pro’s,
This is Bill and I consider it an honor to be among this group who have proven to give their best!

Things that help me: Always respond to every client with respect and the desire to give your very best every time. Make it your goal to do whatever it takes to leave your customers 100% satisfied.
Community Regular

Hello!  It's Mage from Mage Music based in Palmdale, CA.  I would like to thank Thumbtack for the TREMENDOUS growth of my business which is music education through private music lessons!  I teach guitar, piano, electric bass, voice (singing), and other subjects such as songwriting/composition, home recording, and music theory.  My #1 tip for becoming a Top Pro is to be DEDICATED not just to your craft but to your clients AND the prospective clients (leads) too.  If you show that you are sincerely and genuinely 100% into what you do people will pick up on that.  As a musician and artist I hope to one day promote my artistic side of music on Thumbtack as a performing and recording artist.  Again thank you Thumbtack for the wonderful work that you have brought into my business, and I look forward to meeting you at the upcoming VIP dinners!  😄 Soooo ecstatic!

Community Newcomer
Hi, my name is DJ Bugsy. I’m a DJ & Photo Booth company in Maryland, and we’re Bugsy’s Mobile Beats. I’ve been a Top Pro with Thumbtack since 2016, and one of the keys to my success comes from being flexible with each client when changes occur. You have to be passionate about your craft and love what you do. Congratulations to all the current Top Pros!
Community Regular

Hi to all the top pros.  Congrats your business must be doing well.  My business name is HappyPawsnTails.  Guess it is easy to make out what I do.  I hope that I can get more and more clients by listening to all that you guys do to make your businesses a success.  Wilma

Community Regular
Hello all, this is Fadi from Dallas, I’m doing home improvement, I want to thank everybody working on Thumbtack to make it great. and it’s my pleasure that I’m working through Thumbtack, thanks again!
Community Regular

I really liked your comment about being upfront with the clients.  Wilma

Community Newcomer
Home Window Repairs been in business for 11 years and Still moving forward with success with our customers.
Community Newcomer
Hi everyone!

My name is Giovanny, the ambassador of Super People Cleaning. We’re based in Orlando FL. One tip to become a top pro is keep in mind that everything we do is for Jesus Christ our Lord. With that idea in mind the excellence is a consequence!
Community Newcomer
Hi my name is Scott and I'm the owner of CurbAppeal Property Maintenance from Levittown, PA. My best tip is to communicate as much as possible. I can't tell you how many customers I get that say other providers didn't show up or didn't call back. If you stay in constant contact and keep your customers informed they will know that they are important to you and your business. A customer that feels like they are important and a top priority to you will be a returning, loyal customer.
Active Community Member
Hi - Leah Rowan - owner of Back in the Box...a Philadelphia-based professional organizing company.

What a thrill to be a part of the 2020 Top Pro class!! Thank you to the Thumbtack team and congratulations to my colleagues.

I find that replying quickly is key. Providing a thorough and personalized response resonates with my client base - and gives me a connection with them before we’ve even started.

Looking forward to a great 2020! Congratulations, again, to everyone!!
Community Newcomer
Christina
My business is located in Connecticut
how I became a pro I work really hard for my reviews and try to be very quickly answering my leads
And getting them to respond back to you It's the hardest Expressional when you have Other vendors are doing the same thing that you or doing.
Community Newcomer
Christina
Station in Connecticut
Thank you
Community Newcomer
Hi! I’m Yann, photographer at Symbolix Photography in Minneapolis, Minnesota. My tip would be to install the app to stay connected! Congratulations to you all!
Community Newcomer

Congratulations, everyone! My name is David Bruno, and my company name is David Bruno Event Photography. I am in Burlington, MA, just outside Boston.

Community Newcomer
Hello all! Happy to be a “Top Pro”
Paris Kelly images is my business’s name. I am located in the Metro Detroit and my tip for upcoming pros, keep your profile up to date and respond to every client within a short time frame.
Community Newcomer
Thank you. I do my best to respond to all inquiries quickly. I try to meet the needs of my clients as well as educate and give my input to help them improve. I make myself available for questions and support, especially new clients. I’m a personal trainer in Santa Fe, New Mexico and I recently became a professional athlete. Exciting time for me and my clients! I love training people and competing in Women’s Bodybuilding.
Community Newcomer
DRIVINGUAROUND FL,INC
BASED IN MIAMI, FLORIDA
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION ARE BOTH KEY!
Active Community Member
Hi!

This is Deborah from
Be DeCluttered,
a professional organizing company in Santa Clara and Monterey Ca. Counties.

Respond ASAP and write a personal response addressing the client’s needs. Always ask for a review.

www.bedecluttered.com
Community Regular
Hi,
My name is Madison Kane. I am a professional organizer in Northern California. This is the third year I have been elected a top pro. I've worked superhard to get to this place. I would love to be networking during the coming year with other top pros. So my first question is:

When is the next networking event in San Francisco?

Second I would like to network with other local pros in person personWho are working in the city of San Francisco whether or not you were in the Home Services business. How my might that be possible?

And last but not least I am interested in finding out if some tech is working to create a bartering service were pros could barter services with one another. This would be absolutely awesome!

And I would also like to know how I could reach out to the people could respond me not to this form but directly to my email? Is that possible
Community Regular
Once again, it's an honor to have achieved the Top Pro status. Pouring your heart and soul into every detail is the key to a memorable event. I listen to what my client's needs are and execute them to the best of my ability. Congrats to all the Top Pros out there, you've earned it! 🙌🙌👨‍🍳
Community Regular
Hello to all Top Pro,
My name is Yael.
My business is a Massage Therapist, Physical Therpay Assistant.
I am located in Southern California, and based in Los Angeles.
This is my 4th year in a row as Top Pro and my 4th year in Thumbtack.
I'm honored and greatfull for the recognition from Thumbtack Headquarters.
I'm proud to represent an awesome site that provide one on one technical support all thru out the year, events for Top Pros, VIP dinners, and more to come..

My tips to all new & exiting Top Pro are: respond fast to new request, follow up with your new & existing clients, have promotions thru out the year, give the best service, the same as you would like to be treated, because it's a great feeling and rewarding.

Happy & Successful New Year to all.
Thank you.
Yael✌💖
Community Newcomer
We are A & M Friendly Movers out of Carolina Shores North Carolina. The best tip is being consistent and putting customer satisfaction as your number one priority! Congrats to all
Community Regular

Hello,

My name is Sergio Tapia (Sergio's Home Renovations) based in Lanham, Maryland. First off congratulations to the Top Pro class of 2020, we made it! This is my first time being here and it is an amazing feeling being a part of the 4% that gets chosen. We deserve this for our great efforts and strong commitments to our profession, I hope everyone is enjoying this moment as much as I am. The biggest tip I could give all the pros out there is to stay committed, never give up, respond quickly and efficiently to all your clients, work with them, give them options and just have fun doing what you do! I hope to be back here in July celebrating this amazing achievement with you all and hopefully seeing new pros as well. Good luck to everyone!

Community Regular

thank you and congrats to all!

I am a freelance hair and makeup artist specializing in special occasion hair and makeup servicing the St. Louis area and surrounding. I am quick to respond to inquires and always ask for reviews and referrals after the fact if they were happy with their service!

Lainie (Make-up N More)

Community Newcomer
hello, thanks for being part of this team of trained professionals !!!
Community Newcomer

Hello, congratulations to all! My name is Dee White, manager of C-DUB Entertainment in Catonsville, MD. Consistency is the key.

Community Newcomer

My name is David Wilkins and I am a Top Pro Bartender from Edison, New Jersey.  I have been a Top Pro on Thumbtack for a number of years now. My tip would be to answer any customer request or calls ASAP. In my field, sometimes customers need answers quickly if there is an unfortunate thing that arises and someone cancells on them. I also cater to the theme of there event at times when I can. It could be Halloween drinks for a Halloween Party to a Kraft Beer tasting at a Birthday Party to Special Christmas Drinks at a Christmas Party to a Wine Tasting at a Bridal Shower. I also give the client standard mens and womens drink list with a recommended bar supply list. The point is to make there event something to remember in a good way and to remember you.

Community Newcomer

I am honored to join this group. Congrats to all those colleagues who worked just as hard as I did. To respond swiftly at all hours of the day, always provide excellent service, and do it with a smile everytime! I am Roni Bareket from InterioSpaces of Chicago. Local Interior Designer firm.

Community Regular

Michelle's Pro-Therapeutic Mobile Massage.  Scottsdale AZ.  Reply asap, have a caring attitude, be positive and attentive to the customer, do great work and they will appreciate you for it.

Community Regular

Hello everyone!  I am pleased to have the opportunity to meet you all.
I am Peter -- of Needs-First Tech in New Jersey.
As for a #1 tip: obtain reviews, whether from outside Thumbtack or in, so that you can attract new inquiries.  As for being able to get good reviews -- that is something that may have its own prerequisites.
I found some of the other suggestions I have read here to be quite good too.

Community Newcomer
Bryan & Sons Junk removal and Demolition congrats everyone, God bless you all !
Community Regular
Hello, my name is John Callahan I am in Atlantic Coast contractors out of Newport News Virginia, my best advice to all pros would be always say what you mean and mean what you say to your customers. Do not pre-judge anyone and give everyone your time and full attention. Be a good listener and do not have “commission breath”!
Community Newcomer
Thanks for this recognition the number one thing who put me here is respect, I treat my customers like family
Community Newcomer
This is too cool! Feeling blessed right now. Congrats to all the top pros out there!
Community Regular
I'm Elise Young MMLDT, operating owner of The Spring in Winter Massage LLC based in the Kansas City area. We like to keep it personal.
Community Newcomer
Hello from Chicago! I started Wallace Design a year ago and still so happy I get yo design websites for clients all over the country.. For some reason I’m just now seeing this, but I’m so excited to be a top pro. It’s been a topic of more than one dinner conversation with my husband.

My goal with each of my website clients is to be an excellent listener.

Warmly,
Valerie
Community Newcomer

Mac and  Rhonda here with Mac's Handyman Service. Congratulations to everyone. Thanks so much. 

Community Newcomer

Hey everyone! 

My wife and I run Collective Mind Technologies. We run a creative technology services business out of Denver and Seattle. We would love everyone to check out our website if you have time, www.collectivemindtechnologies.com

We love being apart of Thumbtack's community and top pro. We recommend setting up systems for managing leads and projects to make submitting and communication work effectively. 

We would love a Denver thumbtack meetup if that is a possibilty in the future. Thanks @Drew 

Community Newcomer

Hi! I'm Cindy - owner of Proof Positive Papers. I offer proofreading and editing services to business professionals and publishers. Congratulations to all of the Top Pros! My tip: Utilize Thumbtack's user support. They are very responsive and eager to help. They've helped me tweak my profile and settings to attract my ideal clients - and always offer detailed and helpful support.

Community Newcomer

Congratulations to all fellow Top Pros.  Like you, hard work and good customer service allowed by business Frisco Pressure Washing and Grill Cleaning in Frisco, Texas to reach Top Pro status.  Our team is excited for a sucessful 2020.  

Community Newcomer

Congrats to all! Dennis from Fort Worth, TX. I'm a guitar instructor - 2 years as a top pro....Thumbtack keeps me busy!!

Community Newcomer

Greetings everyone! My name is Bob and I am the owner of The Light Writer website. I am a freelance writer along with being a retired Baptist pastor. I teach at my church and sometimes fill in for our pastor when he is out. Currently, I am teaching each Wednesday evening at our Wednesday Bible Study on the Minor Prophets. I have written devotions for David C. Cook Publishing and I am on Thumbtack to offer my services as a wedding officiant and I maintain the blogs on my blog site thelightwriter.net. Stop by anytime and say hi.

As a suggestion, I would offer honesty as the best policy to reaching the Top Pro status and being punctial in responding to clients.

Blessings to all,

Bob

Community Regular

Rejane'sCleaning Services is located in Framingham, we are a team of highly responsible professionals, with punctuality, we guarantee the full satisfaction of our clients because we love working hard and seeing our clients happy with our service.
In 2020 we want to keep doing our best to bring the best to our customers.

Community Regular

Congratulations!

My name is Dee! My partner and I own Dordax Elite Services. We specialize in housekeeping and organizing. I was very surprised to discover my newly achieved 'Top Pro' status, as I have not received a lot of leads since June. The ones I did receive either never responded or were only "looking". Anyway, I am very greatful. Maybe this new found "status" will actually get us shown in the search results like early 2019 and before. Maybe we will actually make some money after a lot of money spent.

Happy new year everyone! 

Dee

Community Newcomer
Hi everybody and congratulations to all for achieving top pro status. My advice is to try to respond super fast and deliver a “WOW” experience! I’m looking forward to a great 2020! 😀🎸
Community Newcomer

The Clean Factor, based in Plano Texas and our #1 tip is respond to leads as quick as possible and then make sure you follow up with them.

Community Newcomer
Hi I’m Joy Kanies, LMT. Owner of Cloud Nine Massage Therapy. I’ve only been using this app for a couple of months, and I’m so impressed! I appreciate the help building my private practice again after 21+ years in the massage business! I love having new clients walk through my door. I am consistent, quick to respond, and fair with my pricing & discounts. I’ve had many happy clients from Thumbtack because I treat each person as a treasure. Thanks, Joy
Community Newcomer

I am Jimmy Pinkerman.  I own and operate Jimmy's Window Repair in a Jacksonville, Florida.  My best tips for success are to; Reply ASAP, be Uber friendly, and show up when you say you'll be there.  Over communicate and over deliver.  Ask for referrals and a review on every customer.  

Community Regular
Congratulations Everyone, keep up the Great work!!
Dony Here with Dony's Pronto Cleaning in Buffalo. My advice to other pros: whether you are going to accept a lead or not, always respond to the costumer as soon as you see the Thumbtack notification on your screen. Treat others like you would like to be treated: Respect, do your best with EVERY job and make sure your costumers are happy. I guess that was more than one tip, right!?🙂
Community Newcomer
Do you have the 2020 badge. I missed the January 16 email