Congratulations to our July 2019 class of Top Pros!

Community Veteran
137 984 63.7K

It’s that time of the year again! We are so excited to announce our newest class of Top Pros: the Top Pro class of July 2019!

Top Pros are among the most popular and highly rated pros on Thumbtack. Being named a Top Pro is a huge accomplishment. Less than 4% of all pros on Thumbtack currently qualify - quite an exclusive group!

If you've just been named a Top Pro, please introduce yourself! Reply to this thread with the name of your business and where you're based. 

We’d also love to hear your #1 tip for becoming a Top Pro, so that other pros can learn from your success. You can include your tip in your introductory post below, or consider uploading a video of yourself just like this one.

Congratulations again! We’re so proud of your hard work. And we hope you are, too.toppro_widget_2.png

984 responses
Community Newcomer
I love this service. It's great to have clients find me. It puts need to service. Excellent.
Community Newcomer
T.N.G Services LLC is a licensed and insured company,based out of Utah. We install flooring and meet the needs of all individuals who need handyman services completed. We enjoy what we do and feel accomplished when we see how happy and satisfied our clients are at the end of the day.
Community Newcomer
Respond quickly, call them on the phone to find their goals, and exceed them!!!
Community Regular
My name is Pat. I’m the owner/operator of First Class Bartenders based out of Las Vegas. Thank you Thumbtack. I totally love what I do and Thumbtack has given me a platform in which to do so.
Community Newcomer

GREENCO2 has been a member for 5 years now and experience great results when we manage our account. Followup is the key!

Community Newcomer
Hi It's Good to be a Top Pro, that is mean hard work. Seriously, and Punctuality. Thanks for share part of my tips . Congratulation to all Top Pro also. Akily Music. Miami Florida.
Community Newcomer
Thanks hard work and fast response pays off
Community Newcomer
Valley Process Serving

Moreno Valley CA
Community Newcomer

Thank you Thumbtack!

You have been my best resource to building my business. Thank you very much!

Fred Mansfield

Community Newcomer
This is awesome! I work hard and I'm glad to Showcase my photography on some tax.com this has been my only advertising!
Community Newcomer
Hello the name of my business is Ebony’s Cleaning Service LLC we’re from Warren Mi.

I always just think about if it was my house how good would I clean it.
Community Newcomer
PCasU located at Naples, FL.
Being honest, providing an excellent service and a personalized costumer attention is my goal 😉
Community Newcomer

Congratulations to all Top Pros and to those striving to be a Top Pro!

My name is Lori Armstrong and I am located in Northern California. I am an author who writes my own novels, memoirs, etc. but I also write, edit and format books for other authors. I market many of my clients' books through creating websites, social media marketing and SEO BLOGS.

My services are not limited to authors as I have created websites & marketed for several other types of businesses. I also create LinkedIn, FB pages, Insta Profiles and compose sales proposals, Mission, Vision Statements and other details necessary for a successful business.

I am a journalist for my local newspaper and cover the criminal court stories :  https://muckrack.com/lori-armstrong

I love helping others grow their business and I never take on more than I can handle.

If I had any words of advice, it would be to always follow-up and keep your word. People want to hire someone they can trust. Treat your clients how you would want to be treated.

Again, congrats to all Pros and thank you Thumbtack for the opportunity to help my business grow.

If anyone on this forum would like more tips of this trade...reach out and I would be happy to help!

Warmest regards,

Lori

www.authorloriarmstrong.com

Community Newcomer
Awesome to be considered a Top Pro! We are K&J's Cleaning out of Tooele Utah. We got your back!
Community Newcomer

Hey everyone!

I currently run a home and commercial cleaning business based out of Philadelphia. I am a full-time data analyst but I do work in my business after work and on the weekends, my husband is also a part of my team. I would love to connect with other hustlers out here and frankly anyone that may benefit from the services we offer as well, I believe that as entrepreneurs we can help each other grow as our business needs grow along with our business. My contact information is nicohg93@gmaill.com

Thank You,

Nico

Community Newcomer

Dave The Karaoke Guy here......thanks for Top Pro-ing me again!  My #1 tip: provide outstanding customer service, the kind you would be astonished to receive if you were a client, and do it every single time you provide your service.

David Gaines
Dave The Karaoke Guy
Rockville, Maryland

Community Newcomer
Thank you Thumbtack for all your support. This is an honor that I do not take lightly. I look forward to continuing to provide my constituents with Top Pro service!
Community Newcomer
Based in Boston MA. Is an honor being part of this inclusive group. Best tip I can give is communication with clients and ask questions to better serve them.
Community Newcomer
Scottie Contracting
Vienna VA
Community Newcomer
We have clients in orlando area, winter park ,windermere, east orlando, altamonte springs and proud of our work at Sparkling Bubbles Grooming studio. Love all our furrbabies clients, i listen to all the concerns of the client to please them.
Community Newcomer
A&K Property management, services eastern and central CT. Four season care commercial or residential. We were a top pro in 2015 and are excited to reach this goal again in 2019!
Community Newcomer
Congrats everyone!

I am Emily, with Emily Woodall Photography located in Concord, CA!
Community Regular
Thank you and congratulations everyone.
Community Newcomer
Brian Green Tucker, Ga

On The Lookout Concepts

Cameras, Wiring, Handyman, TV
Community Newcomer
Thank you
Community Newcomer
Jacqueline Burnett-Petite
JP Advising locates in Greater Houston, Texas area.

My tip would be to treat all customers fairly and respectfully. Making yourself available and open to the needs of customers.
Community Newcomer
Signature Cabling Solutions LLC.
The Woodland TX 77832
Thank You!
Community Newcomer

I am happy to be a Top Pro three times now. 

It is hard work to always be quick to respond to the leads, Sometimes I am very busy and just don't have time to respond at that moment, but I make a mental and hand written note to  respond  as quickly as possible. 

I teach Ballroom and Latin dance, mostly for wedding couples. I have been teaching for 30 years and I still study every day to keep up with the trends and styles in dance, and keep up with the current music. Every wedding couple is different and they have their own unique personalities. I customize the lessons to fit their personalities and music tastes. There are never two lessons the same. I must be adaptable and open minded.

I teach out of my home with a cozy ambiance which makes them feel comfortable. This helps them relax. I have available water and snacks. And it is totally private. No one else is watching so people feel more at ease.

I understand that every one come with a different skill level. I respect that and encourage them to just be themselves. 

Community Regular
Hi! My name is Christi H. and I teach piano and cello out of Lithia Springs, GA.
With thumbtacks help, I currently have 23 piano students just since last September...and it's still growing! I try to answer all leads promptly and cheerfully! I am flexible and not pushy.
Community Newcomer
Wow, the goal was to be flexible and supportive to new businesses. After completing the job for a few clients, they would call/text just for that New WTF business stress. I’m glad to share my trials and triumphs to show them that the start of a business is stressful, but it comes together. My clients become my friends, and i support them as much as they support my business. This is the unique dynamic of a family business!
Community Regular
Congratulations
Community Regular
It's such an honor to serve you.
Ashley Williams, Jazzy Juice Joint, LLC. West Palm Beach, FL Serving Palm Beach County and abroad. Our #1 Tip is "Follow up".
Community Newcomer
My name is Charity Woods with Daddy Daughter Carpet. I find it important to answer leads quickly communicate well and do a excellent job then follow up with a thank you text to my customer that includes a link for them to leave me a review on Thumbtack.
Community Regular
Eternal Sunshine Cleaning & Co. based out of Sarasota, Florida. We service all of Sarasota, Manatee, and CHARLOTTE counties!
Community Regular
Mike's Lawn mowing, my number one tip is putting in your customers first and doing what you have been hired to do to the best of your ability. In Port Saint Lucie there are so many lawn companies but very few who take pride in their work. Good work separates you from the competition.
Community Newcomer
Congratulations to ALL the TOP PROS. Continued success to all of you!!
Community Newcomer
My name is Brent Rourk and my business is A Captured Moment Photography and A Captured Moment Weddings. We do both.
The only tip I live by is to find out what my client needs and wants - and then I professionally, efficiently, and compassionately exceed those client needs and wants. That is my goal anyway.
Community Newcomer
Congrats Top Pro the sky is the limit!
Community Regular
Thank you! Congrats to all the Top Pros 🙂
-Nellie Troisi (neldesign)
Graphic Design & Photo Restoration
Community Regular
Hello Everyone ♡
My name is Beth, I am so excited and honored to be a Top Pro of 2019. I definitely love what I do. The one thing I would say about becoming a Top Pro. Is to always be true to yourself and absolutely always give your potential customers your 100%. I know sometimes it can be hard. But, in everything I do I will always try and help as much as I can. Also, know your limits and don't let anyone take advantage of your kindness♡
Definitely Always love what you do♡ if you stop. Regroup your thoughts and maybe a couple days off♡
Community Newcomer
Thank you for the award
Just-Us CLEANERS
Based in South Orange New Jersey
**5 Star residential and commercial services**
Community Newcomer
Thank you so much. I am very excited about making Top Pro in 7 months. That's a huge accomplishment for me. Congrats to everyone who worked hard and made Top Pro!!!!!
Community Regular
I’m Annie owner of Wanderlust Adventures located in Hopewell Junction, New York in the summer and Naples, Florida in the winter!
Community Newcomer
Hello everyone,

The name of our company is Genuine Media Audiovisual. Our #1 tip for becoming a Top Pro, is to qualify your prospective customer - determine whether or not someone who is interested in your services is a good fit as a customer, as a result, you will increase your chances of customer satisfaction.
Community Regular

Hello, 

My name is Nikol. I am the owner of EGA Document & Paralegal Solutions. I have been in business, licensed, bonded, and member of several Bar associations since 2001. I am in the business of peace of mind. I have a nationwide business. 

I have used Thumbtack for personal services in the past. However, only joined Thumbtack Pro in the beginning of June. The platform came highly recommended by a collegue. My goal was to obtain the designation of Top Pro. However was very surprised I got the second month of being part of the Pro community. It came while I was in DC for my son's wedding so it added to my excitment. 

I treat the Pro platform as an extension of my existing business. I respond quickly. I introduce myself with a short bio and attempt to address the service request in the first communication. Of course there are times where I run into the generic service requests. This is when I attempt to garner more information to appropriately and accuratly address the need of the consumer. 

Beyond the consumers who never respond back, I have only had one negative experience with a lead on Thumbtack. A lead left a false hire and a false review. However, this is being handled. 

My recommendations for those who are wanting to obtain the Top Pro designation and/or run a successful business. 

1. Respond quickly. As soon as you get the notification, respond back. Even if it is something you cannot perfom, respond back. That lead cost will pan out in future jobs. However, I have found by responding back with helpful information on where the consumer needs to look for their service request nine times out of ten equates to that individual returning to you in the future for service within the field you specialize. Helpfulness goes a long ways. 

2. Do your homework. Research weekly your competition and the going rates in your state. Not just your service area. This will keep you abreast to the rates of others within your field. This will also help you in running campaigns to get more work. 

3. Network. Reach out to other professionals in your area that are in similar or like fields. For example, in the state of Florida, if you are a legal document preparer you cannot notarize the documents you prepare or it is unlicensed practice of law. That is a crime. (I don't look good in orange or stripes) However, I have networked with notaries in my area to give them work when a consumer needs their document notarized. As well, I have networked with private investigators and process servers. All of these network contacts have also turned into additional work for me. 

4. Keep track of your lead costs. The lead costs are a marketing expense. Keep track of them so you can, when necessary, adjust your price points. 

5. Treat each customer like they are your grandparents. Would you want your grandparents recieving service that is unprofessional or just outright negative? No. Neither do I. My consumers come to me not out of a want but out of a need. I could charge more for my service. However, that would be taking advantage of a need. Think price gouging if you will. By having the philosophy of treating each consumer like they were my grandparents, I have had the pleasure of knowing in 18-years of service I have only had two-negative consumers. Both have been handled swiftly. 

6. Smile. Even if you are having the worst day possible, smile. Even if your consumer is the worst type of human ever, smile. Make your consumer laugh. Your smile, even when forced, can be contagious. Share something about you with your consumer. The personalization helps consumers, especially elderly consumers, feel more at ease. 

Congrats to all my fellow Top Pros. Cheers to the second half of 2019 and looking forward to 2020. 

Community Newcomer
Thank you for this honor. I dj/host events.
Community Newcomer
Thank you Thumbtack!
Community Newcomer

Hello, from Jason Burr: Style&Entertainment.  Stylist, Interior Designer and Musician based in Washington, DC.  Become a Top Pro by replying to as many leads as possible within the shortest amount of time possible and concentrate on amazing customer service to ensure the best ratings and reviews!  

Community Newcomer
Thank you all for the shout-out. My name is Jeff Watkis with a small CARPET CLEANING business in the Indiana area, “the best carpet cleaner in the mid-west”. PIONEER SERVICE SOLUTIONS start about 4 years ago and been providing excellent service to all customers. We go beyond and above to satisfy each customer and communicate as best as possible with each customer.
Community Newcomer
Kayse's Kleaning in Fort Collins, Colorado!