Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Corporate

Please make the change to Corporate and make it separate from wedding and events so that the clients have a CLEAR understand they are looking at Corporate Event ONLY NOT WEDDINGS AND EVENTS. This is still a BIG PROBLEM!!! for the Corporate community.

I have been on this topic for over a year now.

Thank you!

Michael Jackson

LeePfalmer
Level 4

Re: Corporate

Yes, very confusing, they're very different and should be in the same catagory. 

IanH
Level 4

Re: Here’s what I’m thankful for.

Since the switch I have also seen far fewer requests and those that we do bid on, far fewer responses. I will have potential leads reach out once via chat (so that I am charged), and then go completely silent. Leads also are misusing the categories (construction). There might be a need to add additional categories to their options. "General contracting" does NOT mean "just some stuff that needs fixed."

Moderator Meckell

That's a valid concern @IanH. We have a wide variety of categories for customers to choose from when searching for a pro. If you have any suggestions on a category we should add, please let us know!

I also want to add that if a customer states their looking for a general contractor and you then find out it's not a general contracting job, we want to make sure we get you taken care of. The next time you run into this, send me a private message with the name of the customer and I'll dig into things. Thanks for your feedback! 

0 Kudos
Coastshark
Level 4

Smart business model and I will stay on board for a little while longer until they work out the kinks, but for now Promote has been turned off.  The ROI just isn't there. 

Thumbtack needs to hold seeking customers accountable for contacting Pros with generic messages.  Too many times I was contacted with a generic response, diligently replied, only to never hear back from that customer again, even after multiple follow up attempts.  So I am stuck with a $14.02 bill for literally typing a message.  Granted I am new to the game, I still see this as a glaring problem and so does every other logical person I have explained it to.

Business is a two way street.  It is a partnership of give and take, take and give.  Until Thumbtack realizes this simple philosophy, I don't think I will buy in.  Your customers are Pros and those seeking Pros.  Your model doesnt exist without the other.

3Vanessavr5
Level 5

Hi.

I am an image consultant and I do not design clothing (this is a very specialized skill) yet I have been charged for a connection to people who want this service.  

I sent a message about this about 10 days ago and I am disappointed that I have not heard back from anyone at Thumbtack.

Please get back to me and please reimburse me for the charge.

Lynda Jean

Moderator Meckell

@3Vanessavr5 I'm sorry you haven't heard back, let me get you taken care of! Go ahead and send me a private message with more info on what's going on and I'll look into things. I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos
3Vanessavr5
Level 5

Hi Meckell,

On Nov. 13/18 Amanpreet Kaur requested a designer for his uniforms.  Fashion Design is very specific and I don't know the first thing about it because I am a certified image and etiquette coach, yet I have been billed $10.45!  I want a refund please - this is simply not fair!

Also, my fees differ considerably!  Why am I charged $16.70 for and $10.45 for the same work?  I have been charged less at other times and there is no consistency.  More than half of the time people are just curious and I don't get the job yet I am charged for them!  

Please correct my billings - I believe I have been overcharged - this is not the Thumbtack that used to work so well.  I am considering leaving if this nonsense continues (I am not blaming you - I realize you are not the one who sets the fees).  It seems that no one is happy with the changes and I think the company needs to review them or they will lose business.

I look forward to your response.  Thank you.

3Vanessavr5
Level 5

Hi Meckell.  You told me to respond to you and I did.  I still have not heard back from you.  You asked me to message you specifically.

I look forward to hearing from  you.

Lynda Jean

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@3Vanessavr5, I'm not seeing a private message from you in my inbox. Do you mind sending it again? I want to make sure we get you help. 

0 Kudos