results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
DJStevie
Level 11

Re: Here’s what I’m thankful for.

@MarcoZ

I will be very thankful if you take the time to read ALL of the comments here, mostly negative as well as in the other thread "Thank you for participating" and many others, AND also listen and use some/all of the suggestions to improve Promote that you want the Pros to use.

Also, I will be very thankful if you can have the reps not pacify us, answer private messages(even if there are some repeats in questions), have reps reply when invited to call, etc. Seems your reps do NOT care about the Pros, just ask majority of the Pros.

I am very tired of hearing the same replies from reps without providing proof "Thank you for your feedback, we will pass it on", or "we understand your frustration" or "We are sorry that Promote isn't working for you, give us suggestions on how to improve it". Well, it's been a month now, suggestions have been provided, and nothing is being done!

Mind you, I understand about change, it's a part of life, but implementing a change without asking Pros first what they think of it is wrong. Pros ARE your paying customers, not the customers who are going to click on a generic reply to reach a Pro and we get charged. I will not use Pro until there's an improvement and quick. I used it once at the advice of a phone rep, was charged for generic replies for customers that I would not have bid on in first place, and was told by many reps via chat, forum, email and phone that it wasn't in the refund policy, yet it was a rep who told me to try it. I ended up paying for it, which stinks.

I hope that you are listening, reading, all of the negatives which outweigh the positives. And make improvements quickly, or many many pros will leave.

Also, I am extending an invitation to you to call me. Any day/time. I understand that you're busy, but if you would just take a small part of your busy days to call me, I'd appreciate it.

SillyCar
Level 6

So, it's really funny @MarcoZ. I was reading @DJStevie's post which is the same as so many others on here, but one sentence struck me even though I've seen it so many times before. "Pros ARE your paying customers, not the customers who are going to click on a generic reply to reach a Pro". It made me think, "wait a minute... is Thumbtack somehow monetizing by how many end users they can pump through their site? Maybe the pros they're gouging aren't thier primary customers?" but that would be unethical for sure, right?

So just for the heck of it, I decided to take a look into the privacy policy and another sentence struck me funny "We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Platform. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others."

Now, I'm not saying that Thumbtack IS monetizing traffic somehow, but if they were, their new business model would at least make sense to me for the first time.... you know except for the fact that eventually all of the pros are going to leave the service due to being unhappy and all.... but maybe raking in as much as humanly possible for a short period of time will allow the higher ups to retire and the lowly employees surely can all find new jobs once thumbtack is gone, right?

So, @MarcoZ, are you willing to post on here and say that us pros ARE indeed your primary source of income and that you are not also making money hand over fist on the other end too? I would love to see that in a post from you, or a cute video would be fine too.

@DJStevie, I would love to know if anyone from thumbtack even responds to your request to call you too. Feel free to send a private message to me and let me know how that goes....

I know this post will probably get pulled down because it isn't very constructive or positive, but I believe this is a very valid question I've posed to @MarcoZ and would love to see the answer....

vasy
Level 5

Hello Marco,

I don't know if you are ever reading this but I will write it anyway.

One of the reasons I was trying Thumbtack was a youtube video where I saw you talking about developing Thumbtack platform.

The idea that Thumbtack was a hybrid of Match.com and Angies list seemed genial. I was disappointed in Home Advisor, Angies list, Porch.com- they all seemed to care just for making money out of hardworking professionals. I bet there is a lot of pressure from the investors on Thumbtack to make money. My concers is that there is a chance that Thumbtack is going to be a new Home Advisor, concentrating in just making money out of professionals and not caring about their success. I hope this is not gonna happen and we all can benefit-Thumbtack, Professionals and Customers.

Thank you for the great work you are doing, 

Vasile

SAVU LLC

0 Kudos
LFerguson
Level 5

There are so many of us pros that have seen a loss in customers. Nearly each response on all the forums is negative. I don't quite understand how the "hard" part is over. Lot's of undefined "handyman" requests, far to expensive fees for bidding on an 85 dollar job (8.66) and generally most of us a weathering the storm. In stark reality to some of the new changes, TT should really be paying us pros money to respond to requests that have 3 pros already contacted. I mean really? What do you expect us to do- pay 8.66 to respond to a customer that has already responded to 3-5 pros? TT made to many changes to quick. Over-internet-engineering. Try one change for 6 months instead. Lee

SillyCar
Level 6

One Million Kudos Lee!

DJStevie
Level 11

@MarcoZ
Will you take the time to answer us, please?

Sorry double posted...
Regards,
Aaron F

DJStevie
Level 11

@MarcoZ 

Can you please take the time to reply as to how you believe 2019 has been going so far as compared to your Thanksgiving wish back in November?

Thanks,

DJ Stevie

0 Kudos