Introducing the TackMaster program.

Community Manager
Community Manager
80 64 24.6K

tackmaster_blog_cover.jpg

Some of the best ideas for Thumbtack have come from pros. Now there’s a way to make sure we always hear about them: the TackMaster program.

TackMasters are a panel of outstanding pros who act as our ambassadors on the ground. They’re building community for local pros in their area by hosting meetups where pros can swap business tips, grow referral networks and make new friends.

But they’re not just building community — they’re helping us build Thumbtack itself.

At the pro meetups they host, TackMasters hear a lot about what’s working on Thumbtack, what’s not and how we can fix it. Every few months, they join a call with Thumbtack leaders to hash out exactly what we can do about that feedback.

In fact, we’re already working on updates to pricing and lead quality based on recent calls that have shed more light on what a lot of you have been telling us right here in the community.

TackMasters, we’re so excited to partner with you — if you’re on the discussion boards, post here and say hello!

Upcoming TackMaster events are posted in the community, so watch this space if you’d like to come meet pros near you or share your feedback about Thumbtack.

To learn more about joining the program, apply here or send me a private message at @DustiO.

64 responses
Community Regular

What exactly is this 

I've been with thumbtack 6 years at least  how will this benefit my business 

Active Community Member

@DustiO 

Any Tackmaster or Thumbtack meetups coming up in the NYC area?

I'm surprised there hasn't been anything - it's such a huge market for TT... would be a great opportunity to network with other pros.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@guymini99  We will be in Boston at some point this year for a meet-up. Keep your eyes peeled here in the Community! In the meantime, please know that your feedback is being heard, we appreciate you and your experience in your field!

@ScottArcangel Nothing on the books yet, but hopefully we will be in NY sometime soon. Thank you for your patience!!! I'm excited to hopefully get to meet you in person!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Omg Welcome to our online community - excited to see you here! Our TackMaster program is designed to help build communities of pros across the country - to connect and support one another. Everything from tips for success on Thumbtack, to advice from one another about running a business in your state/town/industry. Our TackMasters also hear feedback from other pros in their area and industry and bring that feedback to Thumbtack - helping to shape the future of the platform.

Community Expert

Hey@DustiO !

Anything happening near me as I'm based in Stuart, FL? Any TackMasters or TT events planned for St Lucie County? Martin County? or even Orlando?

DJ Stevie 2-12-2020

Community Manager
Community Manager

@DJStevie nothing planned in your area just yet, but please keep checking in! Hope things are going well!

Active Community Member

How about virtual meetings, like everyone else is doing?

At least we could find out who the local TM is, and what the plans are for the whole program now that you've implemented the 'Sharing Ideas' area of the community.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@PhoenixPhotog I believe we connected you with your local TackMaster - it's @patrykkg. We have recently piloted virtual meetups with 3 of our TackMasters - they went really well, so watch for more of those to come soon! If you have ideas for things you'd like to see at virtual meetups, feel free to send them my way via DM. Thank you! 

Active Community Member

You DID, and I attended the holiday multi-city meetup. But there's been crickets since then.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@PhoenixPhotog I would encourage you to reach out to your local TackMaster and ask about virtual meetups - understanding that our TackMasters do this all on a volunteer basis, they are not compensated or employed by Thumbtack - they are all business owners just like you and are dealing with this current crisis as well.

You are also welcome to post in the community and find other pros who might want to connect with you virtually. Seems like a great way to use this community space 🙂

Meanwhile we are working on more ways to connect you.

Thanks!

Active Community Member

So, the TM's just do this entirely out of the goodness of their heart?

TT doesn't give them ANYTHING? Not even access to corporate?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@PhoenixPhotog You are welcome to read the the Field Guide, that is linked in the above article, to see what perks our TackMasters enjoy. But I would say their biggest motivation is building community with like-minded individuals and helping others succeed. If you would like to connect with other pros, please feel free to do so in the online community, or reach out to your local TackMaster. Thank you.

Community Regular

I’d appreciate it be a mandatory field that they put the dates needing service. This helps and I won’t just be throwing money away to leads I can’t take because they have no dates and it ends up always being dates I’m already booked ! 😕 

this is an easy fix on the back end. PLEASE MAKE IT A MANDATORY FIELD 

you guys wouldn’t refund me for leads that canceled because of covid bc I paid for the lead in March and they didn’t need service until July and we’ll guess what covid is horribly bad in Austin right now.. if you had this field mandatory or even just read what the client asked in regards to dates in my field you could of refunded me  this crap and I am highly upset  

also upset that you keep charging me for leads that don’t match my preference in regards to location!!!!!!!!! 

#dateofservicemandatory #angryuser

#ismapro

Community Newcomer

Thumbtack on old times was much better. Today is full of bells ans wistles. Very expensive .

Old times you just pay if you have interest and was very affordable. That is it. Why nedd more than that?. Why make complicate if can be just simple.