results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Community Manager DrewY
Community Manager

Introducing the new Pro Community manager!

Hi all,

My name is Drew and I’m proud to introduce myself as the new manager of the online Pro Community! I’m new to Thumbtack and beyond excited to join the amazing team of passionate individuals, dedicated to seeing you succeed. Before I turn my focus to the Community, I think it will be helpful for me to explain a bit about myself:

I come to Thumbtack after working in workforce development for nonprofit organizations. “Workforce development” is a jargony phrase that means eliminating barriers to work and connecting jobseekers to the tools and resources needed to be successful. Most recently, my work was focused on educating low income communities on how to succeed as independent workers. I most enjoy working with individuals who are striving for continuous improvement, which brings me back to why I’m excited to work with all of you!

This Community is unlike anything else that exists in terms of support, collaboration, and education. I love what is stands for and I’m blown away by the engagement it has generated in the last year-- its mere existence is evidence of how much Thumbtack cares about seeing Pros be successful. And I think there are opportunities for improvement.

It doesn’t take long to recognize that some of you are frustrated. As we get to know each other, my ask is that we strive to keep our conversations encouraging and solutions-focused. Please continue to offer your constructive criticism, as well as your best practices. Please share your struggles, and also your wins. But taking a moment to reflect on the impact your words will have and the way you frame a post can make all the difference. (Take a look at our Community Guidelines for a refresher.)

We are all a part of this Community and we all have a part to play. @Meckell, @Kameron and @DustiO do an incredible job of answering your questions, cheering on your successes, and championing your voices because at the end of the day we’re all on the same team. The Community can be the vehicle for you to reach your potential as a small business owner, and to help others do the same. It is proof that independent work doesn’t mean you’re alone.

Now, let’s get to work. I can’t wait to see all we accomplish together.

3 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Introducing the new Pro Community manager!

Welcome @DrewY! We're so happy to have you!

mm
Level 7

Welcome. First order if business I would suggest is stop banning pros who give honest, constructive criticism otherwise this community is useless.

Second, you really need to look at your review policy. It is non-sensical to ask for a review prior to being hired.

Good luck.
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@DrewY We are so excited to have you join our team. Together we can make great things happen!