Welcome to our newest users! (12/17)

Thumbtack Writer
Thumbtack Writer
2 15 1,430
15 responses
Active Community Member

My wife and I started our Video Editing and Production services on Thumbtack this year. We are growing slowly in terms of the number of jobs we do and use Thumbtack exclusively to get our jobs & customers.

We actively provide feedback to the TT service reps who pass it on to the products team and are happy to contribute to this platform's success, in anticipation that it will lead to our own success and growth in the video editing and production market.

Thanks!

Thumbtack Writer
Thumbtack Writer

Also thank you to these pros! You've joined us in the last two weeks and have already posted in our discussions. We'd love to hear more about you - how did you get started in your profession?

@VantagePix @Vasyl @VickiGC @VictoriaP @VincentRoazziJr @vrudolph @wandafully @WendeePease @Wildcat23 @Windhaven @Wooddefender @woodturner529 @Xtremqueen @YG @Zheesavage @ZONACPA
Thumbtack Writer
Thumbtack Writer

@DNGVideo thank you so much for sharing!

Community Regular
I got started professionally 2 years ago when I finally was brave enough to learn and do something I truly enjoy end love . After failing and being unhappy in so many other fields.
Community Newcomer
I was always passionate about getting myself into shape.
After achieving that I wanted to find a way to help others that’s how I found thumbtack)
Community Newcomer

I started my photography business in NYC 3 years ago. My sister let me crash on her couch so I didn't have to get a part-time job to support myself. I tried every marketing tactic but what ended up working the most was Thumbtack and cold emails. Today, I fly around the country and the world for my clients, some of which were acquired through TT. Thanks for helping me launch. People will hire if they can get in touch with whom they're looking for.

Community Regular
I’m really not sure why I I am being considered as a new user. I’ve been on here for about five years. How do I look into that?
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for any confusion @PGossick we're welcoming you as a new user to the Community! 

Community Regular

Thank you so much for the clarification.

Community Regular

Thanks for the welcome Lydia! My cousin and I @1Cascadiaclean began using Thumbtack as a platform for our Window and Gutter cleaning business. It has provided wonderful exposure! We are thrilled to see what is to come in the New Year when we hit our peek season! 🙂

Community Newcomer

I have been amember for several years now. I only recently discovered the forum though. 

To answer the original question though let me set the time and place for this story. I was in college in the late eighties and early nineties. I needed just a little bit of spending money for things beyond the absolute necessities. In the Fall semester of 1988 I was told of a campus job tutoring in the math lab so I applied and got it. I was able to better job of working with some people that the tutors who had been there were. My name became known around the campus. I soon had requests to do some private tutoring and took most of those up.

When I graduated there had been an expected need for new mathematicians. There wasn't. The ones who has been expected to retire still needed work and did not retire.  So, I continued to tutor and got a master's degree. There still wasn't the expected retirement of mathematicians that the jobs outlook had called for.  I tried to get teaching positions, but there were many Ph Ds looking for work too. I still couldn't find a job. So, I kept tutoring.

Community Regular
Thank you very much!!!

Kind Regards
Amanda & Bryan
Vantage Photography
Community Regular
I’m not a new person I been with you for over a year I just changed my photo