Highlighted

Others frustrated with new refund process?

Community Regular
Best Answer

I am wondering how many other TT pros are having trouble with legitimate requests for refunds now that Thumbtack no longer empowers their phone CSRs to give refunds. Not only do Pros now have to take the time to write a narrative explaining a request, but I find every request with explanation has been rejected! I had one reversed so far when I sent it back again, but the amount of time required to get a refund you deserve is becoming time-prohibitive.

I talked to a supervisor last week about this and he told me he "understood my frustration." Great. That and and $1.35 buys a cup of coffee. At the time, I had three refund requests pending, and I just new they'd all get form letter rejections of refunds. Sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

Here's an example. Customer request:

Type of work: Editing, Writing
Editing type: Proofreading, Formatting and fact checking, Copyediting
Document to be edited: Fiction manuscripts
Word count: 10,000 - 30,000 words

Customer gives me a call at 8 a.m. on a Saturday. She explains that she has an idea for a fantasy children's novel, and she wants help making it the next Harry Potter best seller. She has written one page. An industry standard page is 250 words, and I explain the nature of the EXTREME change in amount of work (essentially NONE!) and TT sends me a message:

{NAME} is not eligible for a refund under our policy.

Based on the available information, it appears as if the job only changed slightly from the details in the original request. Because the job still matches your preferences, we consider this a connection with the customer. For more information, see what you pay for on Thumbtack. We appreciate the information you submitted and will consider all feedback when planning future updates to our refund policy.

How on earth is changing from 40-120 pages to 1 "a slight change"???

Anyone else experiencing a lot of trouble with getting the refunds you deserve? Personally, I'm losing trust in TT quite quickly based on this new procedure for refunds. If you can't talk to a person empowered to change, I think you're going to end up losing a lot of money for illegitimate leads.

Oh, and did I mention the reply you get comes from a "do not reply" email, further sending the message to pros that refunds are going to be difficult to obtain/take up a lot of your time to do so, etc.?

replies
Highlighted

Re: Others frustrated with new refund process?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Yeah totally agree. I cannot even begin to express how much I have lost in funds due to inappropriate, unethical, or irrelevant requests.
0 Likes