Highlighted

Leads that don't respond but I get charged

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi, I'm a top pro in #Plano, Im spending $300/week for leads that don't respond, very unhappy with #Thumbtack, Iv'e been with Thumbtack for 6 years, top pro, 170 5 star reviews, this is the time Thumbtack needs to show loyalty to loyal professionals, every lead I respond to shows 'read", but no response and I get charged, very unfair, is anyone else facing the same problems?

replies
Highlighted

Re: Leads that don't respond but I get charged

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I get it. I am having the same issue. I also don't agree with reaching out to opportunities and getting no refund if they don't read it. I had to increase my budget to reach out but get zero response.
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Just to clarify @O2TK, if you quote on a job through the opportunities tab, you will not be charged until that customer responds. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Yes, however, the problem is that no one sees the opportunity responses. I have responded to over 100 opportunities in every way imaginable and only three people have read my responses.

Two of which responded ambiguously with silly questions, which I was charged for, and the other did not reply at all.

Sure would be nice if "opportunities" were more worthwhile, economical, fair, and balanced.

It would be nice as well if Thumbtack encouraged buyers to be more responsive and courteous to those reaching out rather than fostering the "ghosting culture."

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
what ifc they respond with just "UMM"
and we are still charged
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
at least you get to respond to the leads which means you see them