Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 8

141 Requests in 90 days - Where do they all go?

I do home inspections, and for me, my insight tells me there were 141 Requests in 90 days.  Or is this an estimate of the next 90 days?  How many requests should I receive per week?  I would think it would be in the neighborhood of 11 requests on any average week.  And yet I see none.  I thought that if I were using custom quotes, I would get to see all 141 requests and select which to quote.  But something just does not seem right.

Yes, I may not get to bid them all - That is not the question.

Yes, I may not get responses on any of them.  That is still not the question.

I just want to see all 141 requests in my email in box and deal with the race to get my custom quote in on time at the right price with my 5 Star rating and a GREAT profile and a website and my Facebook page and great reviews.

What must I do to see those 141 requests in the next 90 days?

Is Thumbtack holding requests back from me? (I think this is a very fair question given the lack of any other knowledge about why I do not get requests.)

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
9 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: 141 Requests in 90 days - Where do they all go?

Hi @HansenJC. Your profile is looking awesome, I'm happy you added your Facebook account for customers to see. You have an awesome five-star rating, but something that will help you is getting more reviews. The average in your market is 14 reviews, so try and match that by reaching out to customers you've done work for outside of Thumbtack and giving them your review link. 

If you go into your settings, you'll see that based off of your preferences you can expect about ten jobs per month. Something that could help this number go up and more requests get sent your way is expanding on your preferences. Implementing these tips will really help you see more jobs, let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 8

@Meckell  I appreciate your thoughts, but please step away from an analysis of my profile and other factors that are unrelated to the requests that are being sent to me. If however you were to tell me that the Thumbtack database DOES NOT SEND REQUESTS to me because I have a below average number of reviews, this is patently unfair. It would also be the first time I had heard this as a reason for not getting any Requests for Home Inspections in my service area from Thumbtack.

Please review your analysis with someone who has a deep understanding of the Thumbtack engine that sends out Requests.

I will be looking deeply at the potential that there is an unfair bias built into Thumbtack related to who gets requests sent to them. If you confirm that the number of Reviews or the quality of the ratings means I should receive no requests when I choose to use custom quotes, that is unfair and I will call foul. Let's stick to the question of why I am getting no requests. This is a simple question. Please do not muddy the water with stock Thumbtack answers that are irrelevant.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 8

@Meckell  I have increased my service territory, and now the estimated number of Request is 297. Assuming this is all the Request that had been sent out over the past 90 days for my teritory, and this trend continues, I would love to see 297 Requests. So, let's see if they come through. Now lets fast forward to 90 days from now.... when/if 297 Request come through and I add my big thumbs up for them to this topic, I will gadly report that the Insight Report was indeed correct.

But what if it isn't? What if I only see about 20 or 30 requests in the next 90 days. What more will I need to do to get Requests for my skills to match the Insight Report? I just want an Insight Report that I can rely on to manage my Thumbtack account.

Nothing happens without first receiving Requests.

So, once again, this isn't about my profile

And this isn't about my website

And this isn't about my Facebook page, or my photos, or my reviews, or my smiling face on my profile

This is about reconciling an Insight Report that tells me I would have seen 297 Requests if all these same settings had been in place over the past 90 day.

Any chance I will see them? Or is there still more to do?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 8

How Many Requests Do You Get When You Do Custom Quotes?

This is sorta a poll of other Pro's experiences. For those Pros who are ONLY doing custom quotes, when you read your insight for a category of jobs and it says XXX over the past 90 days, did you actually receive anything close to that number of requests over the past 90 days? Doing custom quoting should allow all Requests to be sent to your email inbox, even if you do not get to quote them for a number of reasons.

I still believe strongly that the Insight Report is overstating the number of Requests that were available to me. I will leave all my setting as they are now for 90 days and report back here when the results are in.

And, overstating (or understating) by just a little may be inherent in the way the program calculates the historic data, but large difference are not a useful when they are reported as "Insight".

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 8

After One Week - The results are in - Three Requests

@Meckell

About ten days ago I settled on some profile setting that will not change for the next 100 days. This should give Thumbtack a chance to provide me with some data that I can compare to the Insight Report for my account.

I do Home Inspections North, West, and South of Chicago. This metro area should easily provide me with an honest living. I set the distance to 45 miles to capture a rather large area. In fact, this area  is aproximately 6,358 Square Miles and include aproximately 10,000 home sales per month. This would translate to about 30,000 for the same 90 days that Thumbtack would use for their Insight Report.

Of those 30,000 sales, the Thumbtack Insight Report informs me that 300 Requests from Thumbtack customers have been submitted over the past 90 days. If we project forward to the future 90 days, this might represent about 300 new requests. After all, this is the peak time of year for home sales.

So, where are those requests? At three per week, it will be about two years before I will see 300 Requests.

I promise to update these results next week and for the next 12 weeks. This will cover the next 90 days. lets look closely at the value of the Insight Report.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Jake
Level 5

Re: How Many Requests Do You Get When You Do Custom Quotes?

I would strongly agree with you that the insights are way off, at least in the categories that I service with custom quotes.
0 Kudos
CCoen
Level 5

I went from 5 or 6 leads a week to about 1 per week. In reality this is ruining my business I may have to shut down. I still believe every Pro should see every lead in there professional field. I see in my insights report that other Pros are quoting 0 how do I beat that?
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 8

How does Thumbtack calculate Estimated Jobs? Or is it Requests?

In this photo below, how does Thumbtack calculate the number of Estimate jobs? I am focused right now on Requests. But let's hear from TT and learn more about the number of Jobs OR Request. I would just love to see 30+ requests. but more realistically, I need about 50 to 75 Requests per month to earn a living.

I cannot reconsile this information with 297 Requests over 90 days as seen in my Insight Report.

2494569b1982f86ed9e5042959c327ef.png

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 8

In the past 61 days, I have recieved less than 94 requests. So, if this trend hold, I will receive approximately 141 requests and my insight still says there were 300+ requests in the past 90 days. I think the insight report is inflated for some unknown reasons. It sure seems like worthless insight to me.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos