Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
eliascurtis
Level 5

16 Pros Bidding on one Logo Design Project

Solved! Jump to solution

How do you guys determine the amount of pros that bid on a logo design project? It seemed like 5 was better, but now things got more saturated with the new system. Please explain. Thank you.

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: 16 Pros Bidding on one Logo Design Project

Solved! Jump to solution

@eliascurtis It's not necessarily a limit of 16, but that was likely just how many pros quoted. It will vary from job to job, and service to service. I'll also mention that this type of experience will change once we move to our new Search Results, which you can learn more about HERE. I saw that you have an amazing amount of hires and positive reviews on Thumbtack so congratulations on that! Under the new Search Results system, I'm guessing that you'll do very well and show up very high for customers near you looking for a quality pro in your services.

0 Kudos
4 responses
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@eliascurtis more pros have been allowed to quote due to customers asking to see even more pros, and even going as far as creating the same project twice to do so. Many pros also let us know that they'd like to bid on a job they really felt like a good fit for even if other pros had quoted. To be fair we made sure that pros would be being put in for consideration totally free, and then if the customer chooses to message you out of those pros your odds of being hired go up.

0 Kudos
eliascurtis
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Okay, thank you for the explanation, but how did you come up with the number 16? Why not 10?

Im trying to understand the logic behind that decison.

Either way, we will measure this over a one month period.

We did see a decline this week than from previous weeks on the other system.

We are getting less jobs than before.

Just FYI.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@eliascurtis It's not necessarily a limit of 16, but that was likely just how many pros quoted. It will vary from job to job, and service to service. I'll also mention that this type of experience will change once we move to our new Search Results, which you can learn more about HERE. I saw that you have an amazing amount of hires and positive reviews on Thumbtack so congratulations on that! Under the new Search Results system, I'm guessing that you'll do very well and show up very high for customers near you looking for a quality pro in your services.

0 Kudos
eliascurtis
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you. I appreciate your help.