results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
guymini99
Level 5

Re: Attention Events pros: is promoting your profile working for you?

I have a couple of issues with promoting my jobs. First of all it isn't working every time i reach out to a person that supposedly is asking for my availability I never hear back from that client. ISecondly I was on promote for awhile and paused it because of the above issues and somehow it was sarted up again without my knowledge. Before I realized what was happening I had spent $ 40.00 for in my opinion false leads. In one instants I was sent a message that it was a perfect match and the client only wanted to spend $200.00 for one bar tender for the job that required 2 bar tenders. It is not working for me so I paused it agan in the hopes that it will not be restarted somehow????

I agree with everyone above. Stop charging us for leads without giving us the option to read, review, and decline!

I hate getting charged $15 for being one of five pros contacted for a date I’m already booked. That’s ludicrous and if it doesn’t change I’ll finally be convinced to bid farewell to TT.
Jamie
Level 5

I definitely agree. Being charged for a quote that you are unavailable for is ridiculous. This has happened to me numerous times. I even tried to decline the quote, but I was still charged. This is something that needs to fixed quickly.
nyeasparty
Level 4

No I have not tried it and don;t intend to.  To be honest I really pay attention to the Thumbtack emails anymore.  It's just not cost effective for me.  

Entheo
Level 4

since TT has changed its pricing model, we no longer use TT, for reasons everyone has stated already.

DJStevie
Level 12

@LydiaH 

Thank you for acknowledging my comments/suggestions along with asking more Pros for their input.

How long do we have to wait for improvements to be implemented? I've voiced my concerns and gave suggestions to many reps( forum, email and phone) for almost 2 months now! Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

StringBender
Level 6

@DJStevie  I just started using Promote to give it a try but I think I'm going to pause it after all the negative comments. TT's old model is far Superior to Pros. At least you had the ability to send a quote without being charged!!! They should also require the customer to commit to a budget and share that information up front. It let's a Pro know immediately if the lead is worth considering. Many potential customers are simply looking at what it cost them to book someone in our line of business without any real intention of hiring someone. I just had a customer indicate as much to me. Now that was a decent lead and I don't mind paying for it, even though they are not ready to book, as it could still turn out to generate real business but that is not always the case. Letting that same customer see a quote without charging the Pro is fair. If they still want to work with the Pro they now have a ballpark for the price. I'm trying not to be cynical but I believe TT is doing this solely to generate more $$ on their end. Again, there is nothing wrong with that! We are all in the business to make money. I just don't want to be charged when there is no REAL potential to generate business. 

js11
Level 4

I don't intend to try this feature. Thumbtack, a few years ago, was great. But now they allow 16 people to quote and it is overwhelming to the customer. I never get responses anymore. So I take my valuable time and quote on a few every day and no responses, then someone wants to know if I have a photobooth and I am charged $36. I do not mention photography in any of my profile content, but since they responded, I am charged.  I am about to cancel my account.

PhotoBiz
Level 5

I have only gotten a handfull(maybe 4) in the past couple months and they are all over an hour away to 2 hours away. I have allowed those areas/distances as some clients have product to ship to me, as I specialize in products, but NONE have been applicable. Most were also very low budget jobs. 

Something has happened where I am out of the loop in getting notifications for requests, particularly local to me in all catagories, but mostly Commercial work.

BKC
Level 4

I have similar feelings as the other pros. I used the promote button against my better judgement about 10 times. 9/10 of the leads were a waste of many because they simply did not respond. I followed up by sending new messages at least 2-3 times and still no response. Pressing the button that says when are you available and then never responding again should not result in us getting charged for no correspondence. If there is a way to get credited, please let me know.

Also, lately I have been seeing a serious decline in the amount of requests from the jobs tab. I was seeing at least 30-40 per day and now it’s as low as as 5-10. Not sure if it’s the climate or something weird is going on with the app. Please advise.